WV Interoperability System

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8JSM

Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Location
Coshocton, OH
Set system to Mot and Program the controls for nearby towers. Then program appropriate talkgroups.

Then set custom frequency table FUNC+2, then set Table FUNC+4

Table is
base 453.0250
offset 8192
step 12.5


A second table is listed which you may not need. However, if needed Win96 is required. My last use with 96/2096 the second table was not required which was nearly two years ago.


Thanks. Why are there 2 tables anyway? I don't exactly understand how the tables work, so I guess it might not be easy to explain to me, lol..
 

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Joined
May 11, 2002
Messages
7,739
Reaction score
1
Location
Eclipse, Virginia
Why are there 2 tables anyway?
Could be because of second step size. See following.
I don't exactly understand how the tables work, so I guess it might not be easy to explain to me, lol..
We will try.
Code:
[B]Custom Uniden Frequency Tables[/B]
Table 1:
Base:  452.0000
Space: 12.5
Offset:  380

Table 2:
Base:  460.0000
Space: 12.5
Offset: 570
The above tables are Motorola tables which starts at channel 380 for first table and ends at 569. Then again for second at 570 and ending at channel 759. Including both lower and upper, this provides a range of 380 go to channels form the first base frequency (which can itself be lowest channel in table).
In this WV scheme, the highest database frequency listed minus the lowest
460.63750 - 452.87500 = 7.7625. Divide this by Step size of 12.5Kh or .0125 = 621 which is 241 channels above the 380 range for a single table. Thus 2 tables are required (if Motorola system).

However, this system is in fact P25 which has channel range from 0 through 65535 at offsets of 4096 increments. See below for GRE type scanners including 96/2096.
Code:
4. "CH LOW" 8192 "CH HI" 12287 "BASE FREQ" 453.0250 "OFFSET" 8192 "STEP" 12.5
5. "CH LOW 12288 "CH HI" 16383 "BASE FREQ" 450.0000 "OFFSET" 12288 "STEP" 6.25
It surely appears to me this system should work on a single table as in my previous. However, over the past few years I've only run the system in Charleston area while passing through on I-64 with 96/2096. Last spring I had PSR scanners. Also note, the second table has Step size at 6.25 so that in itself may be the reason for two tables. I suspect the GRE tables were derived by running Pro96Com on a control.
 

JESSERABBIT

Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
903
Reaction score
1
Location
Charles Town, Jefferson Co, WV
I haven't had time to search this thread for this information. After downloading the Jefferson County System in Win500 and loading it into the Pro-106, the scanner would not pick up traffic. I got an error message from the program indicating that the trunking table did not appear correct. Went to the DB and found the CORRECT table. After entering it into the program and downloading into scanner-eureka-it worked like a champ. This may help others using this configuration. Was under the impression that the correct information would be in the RR download. BTW am very happy with the 106.
 
Last edited:

mike_s104

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
4,817
Reaction score
38
Location
Berkeley Co. WV/ Loudoun Co. VA
anybody know who tg1569 is on jeff co. sounds like might be washington high school.

I think you might be right. I don't have it programmed into my 996 so it's not locked out (don't like hearing Jefferson while listening to Berkeley) since they are only using it while I'm at work. Going back though the recordings, it does sound like a school and it's only being used Monday's - Friday's and may be used for security or the SRO.
 

atlong

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Jul 22, 2002
Messages
459
Reaction score
69
Location
Jefferson County, WV
It sounds like it's simply teachers/staff communication. Lots of comms during the lunch periods and I've heard teachers calling each other during that time frame and teachers calling staff as well. As to what school it is, that's going to be a tough one. My bet is that it's the new high school on Augustine Ave/Rt 340 south intersection, which is Washington as someone already mentioned. I found a URL for the high school...I'm going to email them and see if anyone answers my question. ;-)
 

JESSERABBIT

Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
903
Reaction score
1
Location
Charles Town, Jefferson Co, WV
Unkown Talkgroup Jefferson County

I have been picking up TG 1548 (encrypted) on the Jefferson Site. Did a quick search of this thread and DB. Unable to find anything yet. BTW had Pro-96 set for open mode when this was found. Also heard traffic on TG 9189 that body was recovered and was enroute to ME Office.
 

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
1,293
Reaction score
0
Location
Fayetteville,WV
I have been picking up TG 1548 (encrypted) on the Jefferson Site. Did a quick search of this thread and DB. Unable to find anything yet. BTW had Pro-96 set for open mode when this was found. Also heard traffic on TG 9189 that body was recovered and was enroute to ME Office.

Open Mode?
 

wvscanner

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
647
Reaction score
0
Location
Beckley, WV
Site 124

I'm picking up a cc on 460.3875 here in Beckley as site 124. It is very weak. I'm guessing since the other Braxton County are just as weak as this signal that I think it is Gassaway in Braxton County. Can someone closer to that area check and see if the signal is from there?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top