• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG-100M and features

merlin

…Let me know how that goes punching 20 of them per chassis through 16 gauge steel. I do 20 of them in about 40 min with a drill and an impact.

I didn’t buy the thing to build a one-off, cheap-o adapter for an HHC-731… thanks for the insight though!

-B
Well, If I was in production, I would just set up the Fadal VMC and let the machine do the work.

prcguy

I finally finished setting up my harem of four XG-100Ms and they all have control heads on the brick even when the brick is under the seat of a car running a remote head. That way I can grab any radio and use it as a temporary base, etc.

The XG-75M and M5300/M7300 series show up on eBay all the time and its cheaper to buy a used radio and steal the control head hardware than to buy the underdash hardware kit. My last purchase was two 900MHz radios for $70 total which included two new mics and a bunch of CANbus terminators. After moving the control heads and hardware to the XG-100Ms I still have two useable 900 radios that will fire up with remote heads if needed.

I'm so happy with the XG-100M series and wish I had discovered them sooner as I wouldn't have this big pile of Motorola stuff to dispose of now.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Learning the commands for the serial console terminal is helpful for these situations. I just helped someone out who has his stuck in burnapp mode. (ATZ15 kicked it out of burnapp)

Often times trying an operation more than once will find it will work after the second or third time. These things can be finicky at times but are usually always recoverable when you know the basic steps.

prcguy

Learning the commands for the serial console terminal is helpful for these situations. I just helped someone out who has his stuck in burnapp mode. (ATZ15 kicked it out of burnapp)

Often times trying an operation more than once will find it will work after the second or third time. These things can be finicky at times but are usually always recoverable when you know the basic steps.
Unlike most Motorola products.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
I just picked one of these up. Any idea where I can get a low band amp?
Sorry to laugh… but you won’t find a Harris lowband amp… you can piece something together, but it won’t be part 90. So then the matter becomes the lack of support for the 6m ham band (the radio won’t let you program above 50mhz). So you can get together a working solution that’s not approved for commercial use, but it won’t accept ham freqs either. 🤷🏼‍♂

-B

AF1UD

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm I just got the xg-100m and was looking at the antenna port. It is not anything I've ever seen before. Do they sell adapters? Or am I sol?