• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG100P FW & power-up channel

chip448

Feed Provider
Happy New Year, everyone!
I’ve got an XG100P with FW XLP R02A28 (last programmed via RPM 14C05) that reverts to zone 1, channel 1 each time it gets turned off and on again. The only way to circumvent this is to program the system I want to use into the ABC switch, but I change systems frequently, so this isn’t a great option. From what I’ve gathered, this is an issue with my firmware version. I don’t know if I need version XLP R06P01 or XGP R02A26 in order to fix this bug. I am also having difficulty locating either of the above FW versions.

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
Look in Powerup Options for each mission plan:
1704460074032.png

If you select a System or Zone, it does boot to the selected location. If left default, mine boots to the last location/state.

chip448

Feed Provider
Look in Powerup Options for each mission plan:
View attachment 154253

If you select a System or Zone, it does boot to the selected location. If left default, mine boots to the last location/state.
That’s a good thought, but I’ve got it set to default in all my mission plans with the system/group fields blank, and it still boots to Z1C1.

TDR-94

The power up System/Group and Zone/Group doesn't work on the XG-100P. The Selector Knob position and selection overides any other settings.

chip448

Feed Provider
The power up System/Group and Zone/Group doesn't work on the XG-100P. The Selector Knob position and selection overides any other settings.
Thanks for that info! Is there a way to get it to power up on the last selected system/channel rather than the first system in the system list?

TDR-94

The Selector A, B, C switch has to be set for Indexed, not Systems or Zones and I believe it did require a newer firmware revision for it to be persistant.

chip448

Feed Provider
The Selector A, B, C switch has to be set for Indexed, not Systems or Zones and I believe it did require a newer firmware revision for it to be persistant.
Ok. I don’t see indexed as an option, so I must need newer firmware. Thanks!

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
R02A28 is way old... there is no reason not to be running current firmware, it addresses many bugs. Current is XLP R06Txx? I believe.

chip448

Feed Provider
It might be Channel BANK. Set the A,B,C switch to Channel Bank.
I gave that a try, and it’s still reverting to S1C1 on power up. The only way to force it to boot into the last system I was in is to program that particular system to the ABC switch.

chip448

Feed Provider
Have you updated the firmware yet? I suspect that’s where you issue lies.

-B
I suspect that as well, and as of yet I have not. There’s not a Harris shop near me, and I’ve been unable to locate the FW to do it myself.