• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR 6350 Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcoughlin

Hello,

I just took over the radios here at my building, I have 43 XPR6350's I have a purchased copy of CPS and after importing all my radios and seeing what is programmed in. One of the main concerns I have is the Firmware.

I have approx 1/2 at R01.06.10 and the remaining 1/2 at R01.06.20

I have my account at MOL and have downloaded the current firmware version supplied by Mototrbo,

However I can not "import firmware" it says no valid package.

How can I correct this?

I am lost!

JRayfield

The firmware has be 'installed' on your computer. Did you 'execute' the .exe file that you downloaded?

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma
W0PM

JRayfield

There are only two reasons, that I've seen, for what you're seeing:

1. The CPS is too old for the firmware version that you're trying to install.

Make sure that your CPS is version 10.7. That is the absolute newest and is needed for the absolute newest firmware.

2. You downloaded/installed firmware for a model of radio that is different from your radio.

The file that you need or an XPR6350 is "MOTOTRBO_R011213_130201_Portable.exe".

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma
W0PM
Rayfield Communications

rcoughlin

I have the most current version of cps. I may have downloaded the wrong file from mol. Let me search for that file on Monday and see what turns up.

JRayfield

Make sure that you didn't download the file for the XPR3000, XPR5000, XPR7000 series of radios. Those are the newer series of radios and use completely different firmware (but the same CPS).

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma
W0PM

I have the most current version of cps. I may have downloaded the wrong file from mol. Let me search for that file on Monday and see what turns up.

rcoughlin

Yes, I downloaded the correct file. Installed it. Launched CPS, when into RM > Manage Firmware > Import Firmware.....No valid packages exist.

Am I doing something wrong.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The firmware is already installed so you don't need to import it.

Just select Device/Update in the CPS.

rcoughlin

Should be the current one, just received it last week. From my dealer. It's on my work computer so I will have to check tomorrow morning. Any thoughts to try in the meantime?

JRayfield

You're going into the Remote Management section. That's not correct for what you're trying to do.

From the Menu at the top of the screen, select Device and then Update.

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma
W0PM
Rayfield Communications

rcoughlin

John,

See my post above. I have tried that. It still fails on the update, no valid package. Once I get to my office computer I will post screen shots and give you the version I have of CPS.

rcoughlin

Here is my version of CPS, and when I attach a radio, read the code plug, and attempt to update this is what I get.

Attachments

• mot 2.jpg
    mot 2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 579
  • mot.jpg
    mot.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 591

JRayfield

You do not have the most current version of CPS. The most current version is 10.7.

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma
Rayfield Communications

rcoughlin

Well then, I was led to believe this was the latest version. How to I update CPS, purchase the new release?

**Update**

On the phone with MOT....

Customer Service see's the 10.5 is the most current version

They are talking to tech support to figure out how to get me the current version...Since I can't download it from MOL.....

Last edited:

JRayfield

I have no idea why they can't see 10.7 as the newest. I just logged into MOL and it's there, plain as day.

When did you purchase your software license from Motorola?

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma
Rayfield Communications

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Should be the current one, just received it last week. From my dealer. It's on my work computer so I will have to check tomorrow morning. Any thoughts to try in the meantime?

I have no idea why they can't see 10.7 as the newest. I just logged into MOL and it's there, plain as day.

When did you purchase your software license from Motorola?

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma
Rayfield Communications

Looks like he got it from his dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.