• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR3500e Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I expected better from a former Cementer......................... j/k (poked around your Linkedin). I found 4 defects in the codeplug:
1-The original codeplug (CPS 16) had all of the channels set to "Channel Free" which is bad, especially if you have a high noise floor (your CPS 2.0 codeplug was fine with the setting at Polite.
2-The slot is wrong in your codeplug for Channel 11. It should be slot 2.
3-Zone 2, Channel 1 is a duplicate frequency to Zone 1 Channel 16, but with a different color code. This could cause interference.
4-Your Call 2 is a duplicate of Call 1 at Talkgroup ID of 100. I feel a little less smart dealing with the original codeplug due to every channel having the same talkgroup (not a major issue as they are all separated by slot/frequency).

The radios should be talking together. Likely one of you has a bad speaker, or you are hitting the Channel Free issue, or something else. But they should be talking. TT

K2NEC

I expected better from a former Cementer......................... j/k (poked around your Linkedin). I found 4 defects in the codeplug:
1-The original codeplug (CPS 16) had all of the channels set to "Channel Free" which is bad, especially if you have a high noise floor (your CPS 2.0 codeplug was fine with the setting at Polite.
2-The slot is wrong in your codeplug for Channel 11. It should be slot 2.
3-Zone 2, Channel 1 is a duplicate frequency to Zone 1 Channel 16, but with a different color code. This could cause interference.
4-Your Call 2 is a duplicate of Call 1 at Talkgroup ID of 100. I feel a little less smart dealing with the original codeplug due to every channel having the same talkgroup (not a major issue as they are all separated by slot/frequency).

The radios should be talking together. Likely one of you has a bad speaker, or you are hitting the Channel Free issue, or something else. But they should be talking. TT
TT,

I didn't check but are those TG's in the rx group list?

Tech21

After looking at the codeplug, I noticed several issues. Your receive group lists were wrong. The frequencies for maintenance and the frequencies you used were set up correctly. Your receive group list was set for maintenance. Maintenance is using different frequencies, which means the channel was never going to work.

I attached a revised codeplug and made several changes. If you clone a radio, make sure the second radio gets a different radio id than the master radio, or else you will cause issues for yourself. IE master is 1, slave is 2.

K2NEC

I attached a revised codeplug and made several changes. If you clone a radio, make sure the second radio gets a different radio id than the master radio, or else you will cause issues for yourself. IE master is 1, slave is 2.
Codeplug wasn't attached properly Tech

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
The RX group issue is not relevant. You DO NOT need the Talkgroup you are sitting on (TX contact) in the RX group list. Also, in this instance, there is no other group operating on the same frequency and slot, so you would never hear any other group anyway. To hear other channels, you would need to setup scan. My gut is telling my hardware failure or duplicate Radio ID. TT

Tech21

The RX group issue is not relevant. You DO NOT need the Talkgroup you are sitting on (TX contact) in the RX group list. Also, in this instance, there is no other group operating on the same frequency and slot, so you would never hear any other group anyway. To hear other channels, you would need to setup scan. My gut is telling my hardware failure or duplicate Radio ID. TT

It isn't and looking the codeplug it really isn't necessary. The issue I found when looking through it was with the contact list. For example, channel 2 is maintenance using 457.475 in simplex. The contact for maintenance didn't exist and everything was using the same contact as channel 1 That right there will cause issues. Every channel should have it's own contact created for it in the contact list. The other issue I saw was that zone 2 channel contacts also didn't exist and were using the same call id and everything as channel 1. Even though the channels are using different freqs in simplex mode, the contact lists being all screwed up means it won't work. Same with radios having the same ID.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I have not experience the contact list issue before, certainly not saying it isn't an issue. However, I have seen hundreds of these poorly made codeplugs where many things are bad. I will go back to my to my previous request for the ORIGINAL CODEPLUG that was read out of a known working radio. If the CPS 16.0 codeplug was the original working codeplug, then I stand behind my earlier assessments. If it is not the original codelplug (contrary to previous assertions by the OP), then it is useless to compare 2 bad codeplugs without first looking at one that works. TT

Status
Not open for further replies.