• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xpr7350

Status
Not open for further replies.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe they are. You would have to upgrade to the 7500 series in order to have trunking capabilities.

RadioGuy7268

The XPR series has a GOB (General Option Board) that can be programmed for different functions. One of those functions is to enable analog LTR trunking (which is sold and setup by Scholer Johnson - SJi) I believe that would still be available on an XPR7350, but I've got no facts to back that up.

There's also a Digital trunking option - Capacity Plus or Capacity Max. Capacity Plus is a single site trunking solution, Capacity Max is multiple sites linked together. The XPR7350 should do Capacity Plus out of the box, but Capacity Max might require some EID enablement magic, if it would work at all. The "e" series should do Capacity Max.

On top of all that, there was also a trunking option called Connect Plus which is on the way out.

What kind of 500 MHz trunking do you require? Most trunked 500 MHz systems that I'm aware of were either LTR analog systems, or Public Safety systems.

Confused yet?

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
The XPR series has a GOB (General Option Board) that can be programmed for different functions. One of those functions is to enable analog LTR trunking (which is sold and setup by Scholer Johnson - SJi) I believe that would still be available on an XPR7350, but I've got no facts to back that up.

There's also a Digital trunking option - Capacity Plus or Capacity Max. Capacity Plus is a single site trunking solution, Capacity Max is multiple sites linked together. The XPR7350 should do Capacity Plus out of the box, but Capacity Max might require some EID enablement magic, if it would work at all. The "e" series should do Capacity Max.

On top of all that, there was also a trunking option called Connect Plus which is on the way out.

What kind of 500 MHz trunking do you require? Most trunked 500 MHz systems that I'm aware of were either LTR analog systems, or Public Safety systems.

Confused yet?

Left of Linked Capacity Plus (which is multisite).

As for Connect Plus being on the way out...Motorola screwed SMRs over with Capacity Max, most of the SMR's I know will run Connect Plus until they can no longer support it (these are the same guys still running Privacy Plus if that tells you anything).

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Link to the system in database would help. But i suspect user was a p25 radio

IMPRES2

The XPR 5000/5000e and XPR 7000/7000e are capable of IPSC, CAP+, and LCP directly out of the box. For the “fully enabled” models, they also support CON+ and CapMax out of the box; with the “non enabled” supporting those two options via a purchasable entitlement ID.
The 5K series have two different bands and numerous different power options; whereas all 7K series are full 403-512 MHz at 4.7W

Broward County in FL is using a mix of fully enabled, and non enabled (but upgraded) XPR 7350 and XPR 7550 on their UHF CapMax system with no issues.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

Connect plus trunking is single site trunking. Linked connect plus is multi site trunking.

IMPRES2

Connect plus trunking is single site trunking. Linked connect plus is multi site trunking.
You may be referring to Capacity Plus and Linked Capacity Plus; those are two different system topologies, two different operating modes.

Connect Plus is Connect Plus, period.
The radio doesn’t care if Connect Plus is single-site or multi-site. Don’t confuse that with the fact the Connect Plus SITE controller is what determines single-site or multi-site operation.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
And to add, Connect Plus requires the hardware option board. It's not a simple EID.
It requires the General Option Board. Same option board is used for LTR as well if my memory serves correctly. I don't know if I've ever seen an XPR not come with the GOP factory installed. I assume it can be deleted, it had just always been there when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.