• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPX3550e CP capture issue

mpcpsrego1

Premium Subscriber
Hey guy's, I have searched high and low and have not found really any info on this particular issue. I am updating a bunch of XPR3550e's for a Volunteer Fire Dept. that were programmed by a shop that basically cloned all the radios. The Chief wants MDC added to all their radios for accountability I have half of the 27 portables but have ran into an issue with several of the portables on reading them. I am running CPS 2.0 Version 2.138.176.0 on Windows 10 using a BlueMax49 cable(to which I have never had any issues using any of his cables). The issues I am having is that for example one radio with firmware R02.10.10.0001 CP version 15.05.13 will read and write just fine but another radio with the same exact firmware and CP version throws a #101202 failure to capture code plug image pops up. I am at a stand still, several radios have the ability to do a recovery and the firmware is R02.22.01.1006 CP 22.21.10 and then some don't I have not tried a recovery yet. I did do an update the software on one radio but it didn't change anything. So that leaves me with my last option which is take and clone a CP from a radio that will read/write and plug it into one that won't. If anyone has any suggestions I'm willing to try anything at this point. I do have a full access to firmware/software through My View so if I need to download anything I can. Any thanks in advance for help!!

K2NEC

I would try cloning and then change the MDC ID to whatever it should actually be. If that doesn't work, it might be worth it to contact the radio shop you bought them from.

BTW, it's XPR3500e ;)

mpcpsrego1

Premium Subscriber
I would try cloning and then change the MDC ID to whatever it should actually be. If that doesn't work, it might be worth it to contact the radio shop you bought them from.

BTW, it's XPR3500e ;)
Hahaha I just realized I put XPX by accident :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I wondered if a clone from a good radio to a bad radio would fix it but wanted to get some inputs first. I will have to redo all the digital ID's if I do a clone as well because they have one DMR channel + analog. The FD acquired them from the shop not me but the Chief reached out to me since I do installs and programming but I mostly do P25 stuff so still kind of new to the XPR world. Apparently they have had lots of issues with the radio shop they buy from which is why they reached out to me locally and unfortunately there isn't many Moto shops in western Nebraska lol.

mpcpsrego1

Premium Subscriber
A clone won't change DMR radio ID, those will stay
I was able to get a successful clone on them I appreciate the help! And thank you for the heads up on the digital ID less time spent in the long run not having to fix all of them.