• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL 5000 Programing (expert needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

operator219

Seems as if I have had so many issues over the last 6 months with this mobile. I have recently put through some company changes to the programming but most of all I have feature and function problems. The radio shop I use isn't too used to programing the newer motorola mobiles. I have Quick Call programmed to a specific zone and channel but the entire zone seems to be locked out. I thought i'd instruct the radio tech to program channel 1 as quick call selective and then channel 2 just as no quick call. I fail at explaining as my lack of knowledge on programing and lingo or just failing to specifically use the exact function name. My second issue is I have been told that I cannot create custom scan lists direct from the unit which isn't true as I have seen this done on co workers mobiles. I would love to just clone but it's just so difficult with location of us. As of now If I am on Zone A and I push scan it scans that zone and what ever channel is selected will deem the priority. If I hold the scan button it will come up with a menu of add select delete etc and even select priority and then secondary priority channel but seems to be locked out of not functioning at all. How would one explain to a non familiar Motorola programer ? I can't find another shop so thats difficult to even try and get done else where plus the unit is installed in my vehicle which I am not comfortable removing on my own. I will add more to this later but I am just beat at the moment. If somebody is willing to write a file with these functions I can send a little cash via paypal as this might be the best option as my list of issues is growing let me know I can send over the radios current freq input. so too some up the issues thus far:

•*Quickcall on specific channel thats locking out entire zone
•*How to specifically program in the custom scan list direct on the mobile
•*Is there a talk around button that can be added to the menu ?
•*Customizing the user menu (seems to challenging for the programer)

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Seems as if I have had so many issues over the last 6 months with this mobile. I have recently put through some company changes to the programming but most of all I have feature and function problems. The radio shop I use isn't too used to programing the newer motorola mobiles. I have Quick Call programmed to a specific zone and channel but the entire zone seems to be locked out. I thought i'd instruct the radio tech to program channel 1 as quick call selective and then channel 2 just as no quick call. I fail at explaining as my lack of knowledge on programing and lingo or just failing to specifically use the exact function name. My second issue is I have been told that I cannot create custom scan lists direct from the unit which isn't true as I have seen this done on co workers mobiles. I would love to just clone but it's just so difficult with location of us. As of now If I am on Zone A and I push scan it scans that zone and what ever channel is selected will deem the priority. If I hold the scan button it will come up with a menu of add select delete etc and even select priority and then secondary priority channel but seems to be locked out of not functioning at all. How would one explain to a non familiar Motorola programer ? I can't find another shop so thats difficult to even try and get done else where plus the unit is installed in my vehicle which I am not comfortable removing on my own. I will add more to this later but I am just beat at the moment. If somebody is willing to write a file with these functions I can send a little cash via paypal as this might be the best option as my list of issues is growing let me know I can send over the radios current freq input. so too some up the issues thus far:

•*Quickcall on specific channel thats locking out entire zone
•*How to specifically program in the custom scan list direct on the mobile
•*Is there a talk around button that can be added to the menu ?
•*Customizing the user menu (seems to challenging for the programer)
Those are simple questions that any competent shop should be able to figure out on their own. If they can't figure out something as simple as adding options to the soft menu, I would find a different shop to program the radios.

DIR on the soft menu means direct, again that is if they are smart enough to figure out how to add it.

Changing scan lists on the front panel requires "Operator Select" under "Non-Priority Members" in the scan list.

operator219

Wowsers I could have responded my apologies. Yes its simple stuff in fact I can figure out that stuff quickly the as I sat with the tech who says they work 95% of the time with Kenwood products. I am obviously not on the priority list as I am just one soul but I am a paying customer who needs 100% mobile reliability. I have a Kenwood portable and the program software I wish motorola would off it up but they have there reasons.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I am in the chicago area and am more than happy to help if you are local. If your not local and can get a hold of the codeplug for it I am also happy to make the changes needed and send it back to you. PM me if you have any further questions at RobertKlamp at AOL dot com.

Hope I can Help,
bob

Status
Not open for further replies.