• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xts 3000 power level

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank130

I have a motorola xts 3000 model 2. Im trying to figure out how to adjust the power level. Is it something i can do from the radios keypad or does it need to be done via programming cable

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
I have a motorola xts 3000 model 2. Im trying to figure out how to adjust the power level. Is it something i can do from the radios keypad or does it need to be done via programming cable

Use the arrows to navigate the display menu, if there is no PWR option available there or on a softkey then you will need to assign a softkey or display item in the CPS.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Low is 1 w high is 5 w depending on the radio band that is a softkey that can be programmed. If you want to change or tweak the wattage and try to boost it that has to be done in tuner and that is tricky to do without a service monitor as you can very well burn up the PA if done wrong.

kayfox

The CPS is NLA (No Longer Available), you will have to locate it somewhere on the internet. Look for "ASTRO Saber & XTS3000 CPS R05.03.00" and you will find it.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Xts 3000

Please do not ask for it here. You'll find a stickied thread at the top of the forum regarding copyrighted software.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
xts3000

If you do get the software, be prepared for a learning curve that is far above the average amateur radio. If you haven't created a code plug using software before, this is not a program to teach you the basics.

mm

depending on what cable you purchased, aftermarket or original, you may also need a RIB to connect between your computer and the programming cable.

dank130

I ordered the cable and rib box. Just waiting to get them. The last thing i will ask about software is, does it matter what operating system i have on my computer. Right i have a desktop with windows 98 and a laptop with vista

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
I ordered the cable and rib box. Just waiting to get them. The last thing i will ask about software is, does it matter what operating system i have on my computer. Right i have a desktop with windows 98 and a laptop with vista

Both of those will work as long as they have a serial port. I personally use a Thinkpad T61 w/dock and windows vista for everything. I used to use a 2595CDT with win98/2000 before that for programming. Now, if you ever get into Astro25 for XTS5000's and XTS2500's then you will need at least XP, it will not install under 98

Status
Not open for further replies.