• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xts1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorny41587

I currently have a CP200 programed to PS freq. that I listen to. My county will be going digital within the next year. Do they still make the XTS1500? And if so is it going to be the cheapest digital capable radio Motorola has? Also, can I have it programed for a TRS system?

W0JJK

It is still made and yes it can be programed to do a Digital Trunking System by the Sytem Adminstration of that system.

W0JJK

W0JJK

No, a Motorola Based Trunking radio need a system key to program a system into a radio. You can not add a system without a system key for that system. Only system administrators and radio shops who program radios on that system have that system key legally.

If you want program yourself, your best bet is a scanner. You can program that easier and scan more then 10 talkgroups which is all the motorola would do on a Trunking system.

I don't own a digital scanner but others may recommend one if you want to got that route.

Good Luck,

W0JJK

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
X1536 said:
I currently have a CP200 programed to PS freq. that I listen to. My county will be going digital within the next year. Do they still make the XTS1500? And if so is it going to be the cheapest digital capable radio Motorola has? Also, can I have it programed for a TRS system?
Yeah, buy a digital scanner like the PRO-2096/96, BCD996T, BCD396T, etc. It will save you alot of trouble in the long run.

tuckerone

So with all of the above said, I would have to think that since five people in Michigan, one former State employee, a four other's he had programmed Trunked Radio's for are either in jail or getting ready to head that way, you probably would not only be violating Motorola Licensing laws, but also homeland security. Get a scanner!

DewAddict

From my experiences here in Michigan, My pro-96 receives better than an FD issued XTS5000 on the APCO-25 9600 baud system. Even if you find a way to get an XTS1500 programmed, you couldn't TX with it and have spent big $$$$ on what is basically an equivalent of a "scanner" that you could have gotten for $400.00 +/- $$$.

Just my opinion as others have said.

Rob

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
X1536 said:
Do they still make the XTS1500? ?
Yes it is available in VHF, UHF, and 800

X1536 said:
And if so is it going to be the cheapest digital capable radio Motorola has?
Probably, it's sub $1500.00 to most agencies and I doubt it will go any lower

X1536 said:
Also, can I have it programed for a TRS system?
Have to ask the System Admin. that question. Anything can be programmed with his blessing.

medic611

Here are my 2 cents , first if you don't belong to a public safety agency why do u need a radio programmed ? 2nd and most importantly are you willing to risk your " new " radio to become a paperweight all so that you can listen ?

bigray246

OK you guys talked me into getting a digital scanner instead of an E-bay Motorola Saber. My city just went to a 6 channel Motorola UHF digital trunking system. Now I need a base freq.& offset, how does one obtain this info? Is there a way to calculate this info?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
bigray246 said:
OK you guys talked me into getting a digital scanner instead of an E-bay Motorola Saber. My city just went to a 6 channel Motorola UHF digital trunking system. Now I need a base freq.& offset, how does one obtain this info? Is there a way to calculate this info?
Please don't thread hijack. Thanks.

If the data is not in the database please search the Motorola trunking forum. It's a pretty common question. You can also look in the Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.