• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 - CPS Read Block Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jh73driver

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I recently purchased a XTS3000 800 band. I am using Astro/Saber CPS R5 but when I try to read the radio, it shows "ERROR READING FROM IMAGE WHEN ATTEMPTING TO UNPACK BLOCK HARDWARD CONFIG SECURE BLOCK UNPACK/FAIL".

I am using a Ribless cable which has worked on other XTS3000 radios that I have.

Can anyone help me get past this issue to read the Radio so I can continue programing?

Thanks

Last edited:

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
No help, but a XTS3000 can't do 700 MHz...just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted it for that purpose.

jh73driver

Premium Subscriber
No error codes displayed. When reading radio, Radio shows 1 CSQ which is normal, right? Then the radio goes back to normal zone.

Then as the CPS is about to open up the Codeplug, the error box popped up (No code #)

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
No error codes displayed. When reading radio, Radio shows 1 CSQ which is normal, right? Then the radio goes back to normal zone.

Then as the CPS is about to open up the Codeplug, the error box popped up (No code #)

Sounds like it wants to open it. 1 CSQ is the normal message. Does it "Bonk" at you by any chance?

Have you tried to ignore the error? It almost sounds like your CPS is corrupted. What version is it? The latest CPS is R05.03.00

jh73driver

Premium Subscriber
The radio does not "BONK", but the computer does have make a quick sound. The only button to push on the CPS error message is "OK", which then brings you back to the blank CPS page with no CP open.

I have CPS R05.03.00. Maybe I'll try reinstalling the CPS. I used the Moto business solution online version that I downloaded from my account instead of the CD.... Is there any known errors in the download version?

Last edited:

jh73driver

Premium Subscriber
I tried to reinstall CPS and the problem still remains. Any other suggestions or help on this error?

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
Well that error makes me think it's having a problem reading the secure configuration data, if it isn't the CPS at fault it may be that your code plug is corrupted or something. I would try to send it to somebody (not me) that has Astro Lab RSS and see if that could open it. You could also bring it to a Motorola shop and see what they think.

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
Haven't found a fix to the issue yet... Waiting for a rib cable and box to come in so I can try that route. Would that fix the issue?

Maybe, it just seems to me like there's a fault in the codeplug somewhere. If it doesn't work I recommend finding someone with depot to try and open it.

Edit: Have you tried to clone another radio to it? If it is a codeplug fault it may be overwritten with a limited clone. Also if you have a saved codeplug for it I would try to write to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.