• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

xts3000 programing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pallen444

help programing,

I just got a motorola xts 3000 the man who sell to me in new york he program as a scanner for me but dont hear anything on it can someone tell me what to do to this working on the seg county p25 system.

pallen444

motorola xts3000

Yes i just got a xts3000 i want to monitor sedgwick county kansas p25 trunking system the man i got from program for me but he is in new york i dont hear anythig from radio i waiting on programing cable any help would be great.

kd0ega

Premium Subscriber
I can't tell you what to do to your scanner to get it to work...it's a rather tedious process to program one correctly....however...

.You might try giving Mark @ the Radio Shack in Derby a call. According to a previous post, he now has someone who is programming the radios for Sedgwick Co. available. It can't hurt to explain to Mark that you already have a radio and that you just need to get it programmed for your listening area.

Let us know what you come up with...I have XTS 5000 that I would like to add a talk group to as well as move some talk groups around and add a couple of zones.

Last edited:

clbsquared

That's not a whole lot to go on. Without being able to access the codeplug to know how it is programmed, any advice given would be pure speculation. How far away from the tower site are you?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

pallen444

in wichita.

not far in wichita ks he put in 40 talk groups in 4 zones.It's a Cassidian System someone post this on radio reference.. I had to borrow a BCD996XT and used Pro96com to decode the system. They are using a non-standard control ID setup--put that in the radio and it instantly started working.dont know if man in new york know well let me know if you know someone who programing in wichita let me know.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Unless the radio has the proper flashcode and firmware you wont be able to monitor it You also would need a system key to unlock the trunking option.

pallen444

my radio

can someone program my motorola xts3000 ??? as scanner for sedgwick county p25 ? let me know.

ME801

You will also need the software from Motorola (CPS) to program the radio and the software has a steep learning curve.

ME801

Understood, my MOL account shows "ASTRO Saber & XTS 3000 CPS R0503.00 and Tuner R01.03.00". But we have had problems with our MOL account.....

pallen444

thanks

ya my windows 10 is 32 when i get my cable i look how he program codeplug think i ask him for to look at and maybe see what he did wrong put on here Model No. H09UCF9PW7AN Firmware Version (HOST) : 06.72.00.00 DSP Version : N08.03.05
H14: Enhanced Digital ID Display
H101: Repeater Access
Q498: Hardware Multikey Encryption w/ OTAR
H38: SmartZone Systems Operation
Q173: SmartZone Omnilink MultiZone Operation
Q182: Enhanced Radio Control Protocol
Q361: ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking
Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation

sfd119

You can't program an XTS3000 with Windows 10. You'll need XP or older (either virtual or installed).

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
XTS3000

Unless your xts3000 is different than the ones I have, you need a true com (serial) port. An USB to serial adapter might work, but Windows XP and a true RS232 port will give the best results.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Doesn't need to be XP. I've programmed XTS3k's on Win 7 and Win 8 without issue. Can't recall if I've tried 10 though.

You mention that they are using a 'non-standard control ID' setup... what do you mean by this? If it's an Astro25 system and they are using a non-standard base frequency then that's it, you're outta luck. The default Moto Astro25 base frequency is 851.00625 and you CANNOT change this in an Astro (XTS3K, Spectra etc) radio but you CAN in an Astro25 radio (XTS, XTL etc). Other companies like Harris and Cassidian like to use a non-standard base frequency for whatever reason. For example I have a 2 Harris systems around me, and both of them have oddball base frequencies.

radiomankc

Pallen444, while I think most people have good intentions on this site, I would be reluctant to post a code plug that involves a public safety system. I suggest you do it yourself... there is just too much liability for someone to give that information up. If it were misconfigured and your radio tried to affiliate with the system, you run the risk of a serious law enforcement infraction that the media would love to get ahold of. Bricking the radio would be the least of your worries. They would love to have the opportunity to convict someone of a crime like this. So, technically what you want to do will work but I would never ask anyone to open up that kind of liability to themselves, yourself and others. My suggestion would be to do A LOT of homework and do it yourself... correctly and within the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.