Yaesu: Yaesu FT-847 export model inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcu02mpa

I have recently acquired a Yaesu FT-847 that is an export version. It is definitely aligned with an Asian band plan. I am just trying to get this fully operational on US band plan. I did the mod that is for the US version and no joy. Nothing seems to move the needle on opening this up. Basically no usable 40m and no 80m. Everything else seems fine but the VHF and UHF are also clipped. The satellite stuff is great. Anyone know a possible solder pad plan for this? I may call Yaesu to see my options but would like to see if anyone here has seen this. Thanks

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Remove bottom cover..
near battery there are 6 solder pads numbered 1 thru 6....
pad 1 is already shorted with a chip resistor.....
short pads 2 and 3 with solder...
check pad 6 and if it has a chip resistor on it ...
remove it...
this one has to be removed to go out of band on hf and 6m.....
replace cover and turn on radio while holding in the lock and fast buttons....
this resets micro and you will also lose all your memories that you have entered...
you will have to reprogram these....
TX coverage will be 1.8-76mhz with no gaps...
DO NOT TX BETWEEN 30-36MHZ -- not only is it illegal, but you may damage the HF PA.

Thanks to Tom KF4TRZ, Brent K9WV, and others for sharing this information.

wcu02mpa

I got it back to USA setting which is all I wanted. I know have full HF HAM usage and extended VHF and UHF with some limitations just as from the factory. I found it this has some other minor internal differences than a US version. One big difference externally on mine is it has a regular SO-239 on the UHF port rather than an N-connector. Not sure if that is relevant to anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.