Yaesu: Yaesu Ft-991A Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I have a Yaesu FT-991A and its been working fine went to turn it on 2 days ago it tx and rx but when I push the F/M-List button it does not work. I can not get into the F menu The Fast and Lock buttons does not work either. Everything else seems to work I just can not get into the F menu I tried unplugging eveything did full reset and still no good. Won't even read the firmware version when I push A=B & A/B when powering on. I did have it working once last night when I held the F button and powered it on but that trick won't work today. Anyone have a Idea before I ship it to Yaesu?

n5ims

Try to call their support phone number and talk to them about your issue. They might be able to diagnose the issue over the phone and if not can probably give you an RMA number that you probably should get to send it in for repair anyway even though it may not be required. Welcome to Yaesu.com

Contact us (714)827-7600
between 8AM – 5PM PST

Parts Department option 4
Customer
Service option 5
Technical
Support option 8

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
I have a Yaesu FT-991A and its been working fine went to turn it on 2 days ago it tx and rx but when I push the F/M-List button it does not work. I can not get into the F menu The Fast and Lock buttons does not work either. Everything else seems to work I just can not get into the F menu I tried unplugging eveything did full reset and still no good. Won't even read the firmware version when I push A=B & A/B when powering on. I did have it working once last night when I held the F button and powered it on but that trick won't work today. Anyone have a Idea before I ship it to Yaesu?
Check your supply voltage/power supply first before calling. Should be at least 13.4 VDC with no load. Check all the connections from the power supply to the funky connector at the radio. Maybe, just maybe, low voltage. If all checks good, call Yaesu, they have very good support. Good luck!!

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
i called Yaesu Today told me what to do and did not work. So he said I'm affraid your going to have to ship it to us. Just my luck. I just got her all boxed up and will ship in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.