Yamhill county new radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
keep forgetting things....

So I know for sure now that the 85 prefixes belong to Amity Police, 84's belong to Yamhill Police, and 87's belong to Carlton Police. 3's belong to sheriffs, and 5's belong to dog control units and i think a city marshal, not sure though about the marshal one though- kinda random. But it all makes sense to me now haha because all the police and fire ids match- example - yamhill cops are 84's and the fire station is Station 4, Carlton cops are 87's and the its Fire Station 7 there, Amity 85.....Station 5 and so on throughout the county. So it must be on a map somewhere- it all has to do with their districts of patrol im guessing...

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Gezelle007, just out of curiosity, does WVCC (Willamette Valley Communications) dispatch Sheridan and West Valley on a regular basis? Considering both agencies have a large portion of their first due in Polk County, I guess it would make sense, but the thing that I always find odd is that I RARELY hear them dispatched by YCOM for calls in Yamhill County. You can always hear them working on 460.050, but never a page on 163.250 like every other fire agency in the county, including McMinnville and Newberg.

What do you know? :)

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
Gezelle007, just out of curiosity, does WVCC (Willamette Valley Communications) dispatch Sheridan and West Valley on a regular basis? Considering both agencies have a large portion of their first due in Polk County, I guess it would make sense, but the thing that I always find odd is that I RARELY hear them dispatched by YCOM for calls in Yamhill County. You can always hear them working on 460.050, but never a page on 163.250 like every other fire agency in the county, including McMinnville and Newberg.

What do you know? :)

Sheridan still get's their pages on low band, and they are dispatched by Ycom, as well as West Valley.

Jim

dispatch123a

2 months ago, i was able to listen to ycom on this website and i would hear somthing every 2-4 minutes. now i listen to it from the same site and i don't hear didily squat ???
why is that happening?

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
I would go by n7maq-1 for that, I have heard them being paged out on 163.2500 before, but i have not heard them speak on the UHF Channels, but then my radio is always on the law channel unless something extreme happens haha. But it has been along time since i have had the low band channels on the scanner- maybe i should put them back in there! And yea Im pretty sure they probably still get dispatched by Ycom because i have heard other fire agencies request to ycom that they tap out west valley. Not really sure how cement that is considering all dispatch agencies can talk to each other, but thats one example.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
2 months ago, i was able to listen to ycom on this website and i would hear somthing every 2-4 minutes. now i listen to it from the same site and i don't hear didily squat ???
why is that happening?

Yeah - when Im not at home I always like see whats going on sometimes, and I was in California for a couple weeks during christmas and I couldnt hear anythink that whoever is hosting must be hosting anymore and RR hasnt noticed cause it never works anymore.

dispatch123a

does anyone know who hosts the live feed for ycom?

P.S if anyone is interested, i saw a house for rent in amity, OR right next to the fire station/police station/city hall.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
does anyone know who hosts the live feed for ycom?

P.S if anyone is interested, i saw a house for rent in amity, OR right next to the fire station/police station/city hall.

I know his username, but he wants ZERO contact from the forums, so you'll have to talk to an admin to get a message out.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Just as a follow up: I did just hear West Valley dispatched on 163.250 and working on 460.050 (453.325 Bald Peak).

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Just as a follow up: I did just hear West Valley dispatched on 163.250 and working on 460.050 (453.325 Bald Peak).

Awesome, pretty cool thing just happened a second ago- I have a UHF MTS2000, I have the main Law frequency for yamhill county programmed into it- for about an hour now its been in the PL disable mode and about 10 minutes ago I heard a dispatch that was quite scratchy so all I did was raise it with my arm and it became really clear- turns out it was fire dispatch from Skamania County dispatching "Rescue 1" to an elementary school- I heard its full name and I searched it and the frequency together- came up with the whole Skamania RR database, confirms same frequency. But its really really rare because i live in the valley of yamhill county, the chehalem mountains separate me from portland and all of that. Pretty sweet none the less.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Awesome, pretty cool thing just happened a second ago- I have a UHF MTS2000, I have the main Law frequency for yamhill county programmed into it- for about an hour now its been in the PL disable mode and about 10 minutes ago I heard a dispatch that was quite scratchy so all I did was raise it with my arm and it became really clear- turns out it was fire dispatch from Skamania County dispatching "Rescue 1" to an elementary school- I heard its full name and I searched it and the frequency together- came up with the whole Skamania RR database, confirms same frequency. But its really really rare because i live in the valley of yamhill county, the chehalem mountains separate me from portland and all of that. Pretty sweet none the less.
That was weird the first time I heard it, too.

That's one powerful broadcast!

radiotweester

Yamhill County Fire Tones

I've added a bunch of 2 tone fire paging info to the Yamhill Co wiki page if anyone wants to play. The freq to monitor is 163.25.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
I've added a bunch of 2 tone fire paging info to the Yamhill Co wiki page if anyone wants to play. The freq to monitor is 163.25.

can you link it to all of us - cause i just went to it and I cant find it. kinda funny you mentioned it cause I was just going to ask if anyone knows if there is like a monthly test for all the tones?

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber

lol. radiotweester- i found it, haha- and those last 2 tones after station 82 taps out anything is the pager tones for the YCOM facility i think- because ycom and station 82 I beleive only have contact through land line.

radiotweester

lol. radiotweester- i found it, haha- and those last 2 tones after station 82 taps out anything is the pager tones for the YCOM facility i think- because ycom and station 82 I beleive only have contact through land line.

I did some more updating tonight and hope to have info up regarding Polk soon.
I'm not sure of the Station 8 designations, but listening there were 3 sets of tones (so far) that seem connected with that station.

Status
Not open for further replies.