• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Zello/Network Radios Interface

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone here use Zello or some other type of Network Radio with an interface or some sort-of link? I am trying to find a way to link my Icom 7100 radio to my Inrico T320 Zello radio so my Skywarn severe weather nets can be broadcasted over my Zello channel... Please tell me how you have it set up. Thanks in advance.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
My son has used a Signal Link USB, computer running Zello and a mobile radio to interface Zello to ham radio before. If you need more details on this method, IM me and I'll ask him to write it up.

Actually, yes if you don’t mind. I have a Signal Link USB device as well so that would be perfect for me to do.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
My setup doesn’t need to be too fancy, I really only need a 1-way path. I am wanting to broadcast my Skywarn severe weather Nets over to my Skywarn Zello channel for my Spotter Group I run, but I don’t need them to talk back to ham radio, it’s just for them to hear what’s going on the ham repeater when I’m doing the Net.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Get a cheap usb sound card like this one, feed the audio from your radio as your microphone source in zello and set it to VOX and tweak the trigger point. This way, you won't lose your mic, speakers, etc from the everyday things you do with your computer.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Get a cheap usb sound card like this one, feed the audio from your radio as your microphone source in zello and set it to VOX and tweak the trigger point. This way, you won't lose your mic, speakers, etc from the everyday things you do with your computer.

Funny you say that, 15 minutes ago I ordered one on Amazon that will be here Tuesday: Sound Blaster USB Sound Card, so hopefully that will fix the issue...

wwhitby

Feed Provider
My son also runs an Echolink node, so what he did for Zello is similar to Echolink.

This is what my son said:

You need a mobile (or HT) radio, a Windows PC, a SignaLink, and the cables for the radio to SignaLink interface.

1) The SignaLink USB is the interface between the computer and radio. The SignaLink has to be configured per the instruction on Tigertronic's website (i.e., move internal jumpers), and then use the SignaLinc's cables to attach the SignaLink to the radio. The SignaLink is hooked up to the computer with a USB cable.

2) The Zello software runs on a Windows PC. Within the Zello program, you have to go in and select the sound card that will be the Signalinc in the settings.

3) If you want to transmit from a mobile radio to Zello, you have to enable "Vox on Receive" within Zello (for audio in.) Since the soundcard is selected in settings, the Signalinc will trigger the PTT on the mobile radio and send the audio from Zello to the mobile radio.

4) My son also said to disable (mute) all Windows sounds, since those will be transmitted as well.

He said he would be glad to help, so if anyone has any questions, please respond to this post and he will help out.

deputyoz

Feed Provider
My son also runs an Echolink node, so what he did for Zello is similar to Echolink.

This is what my son said:

He said he would be glad to help, so if anyone has any questions, please respond to this post and he will help out.
Good morning, is he available for questions