SDS200 reset, how to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K0KUZ

How do I rest my sds200 back to factory defaults?
I can't seem to find how in the Uniden SDS200 Owner's Manual or Mark's Easy To Read SDS200 online manual?
I don't know if I am posting this question properly so please to excuse my ignorance.

Don

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
How do I rest my sds200 back to factory defaults?
I can't seem to find how in the Uniden SDS200 Owner's Manual or Mark's Easy To Read SDS200 online manual?
I don't know if I am posting this question properly so please to excuse my ignorance.

Don
Use the "Clear User Data" function.... from the Sentinel top menu, click "scanner, then "clear user data". Pg 37 in the SDS200 manual.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thank you.

don/k0kuz
Just be sure your scanner is connected to your computer in the "Mass Storage" mode to use the clear user data function in Sentinel. You can also clear user data from the scanner's menu system under... settings ---> restore options.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also, when you do the "Clear User Data", be sure to write the current/desired Profile to the scanner.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of issue are you having where you want to do that? Perhaps it might be another, easier fix. A scanner reset typically comes into play when there is a problem that cannot otherwise be resolved.

K0KUZ

odf8001, fxdcon;

Pretty much everything:)
I am totally new to scanners, programing them and not very pc literate as well as somewhat of a slow study.

I was able to muddle my way thru the menus of my Kenwood TS-590 Transceiver an Yaesu, FT-857D transceiver so figured how difficult could a scanner be so I bought a new Uniden BCT-15X,
what a surprize that was so bought a Easy To Read sanner manual for the BCT-15. That told me I was in way over my head so I bought a simpler Uniden, BC365CRS, well that was a bit better to use basically. Then I scored a good deal on the SDS200 and that is what I am trying to program. I have a Proscan free copy good for 30 days which I have ten days left on that. Watched a online video of how to program a school district radio system in to the SDS200 and that seem pretty straight forward and my pc keyboard won't enter text for starters. I thought I had set something whilst I was trying various thing with the scann and thought I may have set a switch that prevented the keyboard from controling the scanner) that is why I asked about setting the scanner to factory defaults. So you see my problems are many:) Any thoughts, ideas, tips and or pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Contact scanner master. They have programming service available. They can send you a programmed SD card that all you have to do is pop it in the scanner. No pc problems to deal with or programs to learn.

K0KUZ

Contact scanner master. They have programming service available. They can send you a programmed SD card that all you have to do is pop it in the scanner. No pc problems to deal with or programs to learn.
Ah, I'll check it out, thank you. I would like to be able to learn the programing.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That would give you an example of what final version would look like. You may want to duplicate card so you have a spare. If your programming effort blows up (happens to all of us) you have a good copy to fall back on.

K0KUZ

That would give you an example of what final version would look like. You may want to duplicate card so you have a spare. If your programming effort blows up (happens to all of us) you have a good copy to fall back on.

Sage advice.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.