SDS100/SDS200: Firmware V1.23.03 is out

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Yes.

Sentinel will compare the versions of both main and sub and see that newer versions of both are available and download and install them.

On the other hand, if one upgraded to the last version, Sentinel will see that only the main is newer and just download and install it.
more complications. Great!

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Tested both SDS-100 and SDS-200 on WF. Func does speed up the scroll. Looks like Slow is 5Khz for knob click versus 100Khz per knob click.
It was only one WF screen I tested. Afterward, other WF screens worked fine with the FUNC key

blackbelter

Has anyone compared the 1.23.01 vs the 1.23.03 performances on a P25P2 system only ? Currently my SDS 200 performs well on the 1.23.01 and curious if the 1.23.03 would outperforms it .
Thanks

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Has anyone compared the 1.23.01 vs the 1.23.03 performances on a P25P2 system only ? Currently my SDS 200 performs well on the 1.23.01 and curious if the 1.23.03 would outperforms it .
Thanks
The new FW works fine with a P25 P2 system across the bridge from me.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Thanks
On both releases, I'm still experiencing occasional garble and at times loss of all audio, talkgroups will show, signal bars are full and P25 Slot 1 or 2 will flash. I can turn the selector knob and everything is received as normal. This seems to be isolated on the two separate systems using C4FM modulation sites (per the database). This has occurred on 4 separate scanners, 2 different systems. On another single site P25 Phase 2 system, this has never happened. On one of the systems this occurs on, they also run Phase 1 talkgroups which never have a problem,so signal strength is not an issue. It's better than 1.21, but still needs some work. Radio ID's are displayed on every transmission now.

Last edited:

blackbelter

Thank you for your detailed response.Just don't want to move to the 1.23.03 without a causes as 1.23.01 is doing well in my case.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Totally digging the new keypad function lock after applying update (FW 1.23.03, SUB 1.03.02). The never used until now“key” icon is now available for use.

Added KEY LOCK back (FUNC-POWER just like other models)

When the backlight is OFF, only these keys work:

POWER
SOFT KEY 3 (Channel Hold)
Rotary knob
FUNC
MENU

In keypad lock mode, the scroll knob changes volume.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I updated both my 200s and my 100 today. Update went perfectly with no noticeable change on our Connecticut statewide P25 P/2 system.

Manny

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Well, I did the first update of the firmware (1.23.01) without issue. Sentinel got updated and both Main and Sub ver were loaded. Then I see an additional update for the Main to 1.23.03. So I updated the Main to that. But my display colors have defaulted to factory settings. I know there is a file I created with the color choices/customizations I have made and I would like to restore my display to that. The butterscotch color just doesn’t do it for me. My question is where is that file containing the custom choices residing? I have a second SDS200 and a SDS100 with my choices that have been updated but only to 1.23.01. Before I update them to 1.23.03 I want to preserve my display settings so I don’t loose them. Any ideas as to a process/proceedure to follow in order to cave my custom display and then install the latest firmware and add to it my custom display settings?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Follow-up on display customization… I put the same upgrade in the other SDS200 and SDS100 without it defaulting to the factory reset values (colors) in the display. Why it messed up the first SDS200 is weird. I believe my custom choices are saved in a file called preset. And that contains HPDB, discovery.cfg, f_list.cfg, profile.cfg and scanner.inf. The HPDB file contains 6 *.avd files.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Thanks
I went back and forth twice to see if there was a performance change between .01 and .03 and found no difference. So if you do not have the waterfall feature and don't care about the key lock feature added, then you may as well stay pat.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I went back and forth twice to see if there was a performance change between .01 and .03 and found no difference. So if you do not have the waterfall feature and don't care about the key lock feature added, then you may as well stay pat.

Or, even if you aren't concerned about them you might as well keep the scanner current, I mean what's the harm since there doesn't seem to be any major issues with .03. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
How true is this? I’ve noticed improved reception on the VHF/UHF bands with the 1.23.01/1.23.03 firmware update… is this just me or have they made improvements?

My take on the SDS series is originally they were developed with more attention given to the trunked systems… with slightly less significance given to the conventional repeater systems on VHF High band and UHF. And the updated firmware addresses this in addition to the waterfall option?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Follow-up on display customization… I put the same upgrade in the other SDS200 and SDS100 without it defaulting to the factory reset values (colors) in the display. Why it messed up the first SDS200 is weird. I believe my custom choices are saved in a file called preset. And that contains HPDB, discovery.cfg, f_list.cfg, profile.cfg and scanner.inf. The HPDB file contains 6 *.avd files.
It messed up my customization color screens too. Oh well

eaf1956

Feed Provider
The new FW works fine with a P25 P2 system across the bridge from me.
One thing I have noticed is: the scanner stops on a TG and No Audio hangs for a bit then scans. It may just catch the transmission right as they stop talking and the hang is the hold time. This occurs mostly on a distant tower that also shows improved RSSI values (-103 before to -93 now)

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
One thing I have noticed is: the scanner stops on a TG and No Audio hangs for a bit then scans. It may just catch the transmission right as they stop talking and the hang is the hold time. This occurs mostly on a distant tower that also shows improved RSSI values (-103 before to -93 now)
On both releases, I'm still experiencing occasional garble and at times loss of all audio, talkgroups will show, signal bars are full and P25 Slot 1 or 2 will flash. I can turn the selector knob and everything is received as normal. This seems to be isolated on the two separate systems using C4FM modulation sites (per the database). This has occurred on 4 separate scanners, 2 different systems. On another single site P25 Phase 2 system, this has never happened. On one of the systems this occurs on, they also run Phase 1 talkgroups which never have a problem,so signal strength is not an issue. It's better than 1.21, but still needs some work. Radio ID's are displayed on every transmission now.
Sounds similar to my findings.