SDS100/SDS200: Firmware V1.23.03 is out

CapeCodChris

Premium Subscriber
So I ugraded to the new firmware and I now notice on the screen of my SDS 200 where the batt information used to be, it now says noise. Does anybody know what this is actually measuring?IMG_2549.JPG

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
So I ugraded to the new firmware and I now notice on the screen of my SDS 200 where the batt information used to be, it now says noise. Does anybody know what this is actually measuring?View attachment 153882
Mine still list Batt on the SDS200 which doesn’t make any sense. And the SDS100 also still lists Batt. I wonder if it’s because of which scanner was chosen in Sentinel when the update was downloaded?

CapeCodChris

Premium Subscriber
Mine still list Batt on the SDS200 which doesn’t make any sense. And the SDS100 also still lists Batt. I wonder if it’s because of which scanner was chosen in Sentinel when the update was downloaded?
I'm not sure. I have two SDS 200. One list noise, the other still has Batt. I can't find a setting to chang it.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
File - Import Display. Assuming you saved the display settings.
I see mine listed as “Preset”, which has a few files listed but nothing listed as Import Display. I will try to do an import when I get back home today and report back my findings.

Ubbe

There are 7 different displays with their own individual settings for each mode. Go to the scanners Menu/Display Options/Customize and set each one to the colors wanted and change any display field to show an item from the list of available ones.

Different display configurations can be saved, loaded and shared from Sentinel.

/Ubbe

blackbelter

Updated my SDS 200 to 1.23.03 with no issues. First glance indicates no notable performance digressions and or improvements over 1.23.01 however. G5 on the same Simulcast (P25P2) system and sites is slightly ahead.

Last edited:

Ubbe

The Noise value are actually a sound value. If you have a totally silent carrier it will show 0. If the signal gets weak and more noisy the value goes up, but it will also go up if someone starts to talk and will go up really high if there are any kind of signalling on the channel. So difficult to use it unless it's an analog repeater that sends out a silent carrier between conversations that then can be used to read the Noise value and try to get it as low as possible using filters and IFX.

/Ubbe

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
There are 7 different displays with their own individual settings for each mode. Go to the scanners Menu/Display Options/Customize and set each one to the colors wanted and change any display field to show an item from the list of available ones.

Different display configurations can be saved, loaded and shared from Sentinel.

/Ubbe
I have two SDS200’s. One has not lost the custom display color settings when I updated the firmware. I will call that one my good one. The other is my bad one. If I were to “read” from the good one into Sentinel, and then “write” that to the bad one, will it pick up my custom display?
Nope still at 1.23.01
I thought the latest is 1.23.03?
I see mine listed as “Preset”, which has a few files listed but nothing listed as Import Display. I will try to do an import when I get back home today and report back my findings.
I haven’t had any success. I will try saving my display settings on my SDS200 that kept my custom display after the updated firmware was installed and then load it into my other SDS200 that defaulted to factory settings when I updated the firmware.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I have two SDS200’s. One has not lost the custom display color settings when I updated the firmware. I will call that one my good one. The other is my bad one. If I were to “read” from the good one into Sentinel, and then “write” that to the bad one, will it pick up my custom display?

I thought the latest is 1.23.03?

I haven’t had any success. I will try saving my display settings on my SDS200 that kept my custom display after the updated firmware was installed and then load it into my other SDS200 that defaulted to factory settings when I updated the firmware.
The display settings are inside your SD card's "profile.cfg" file. Copy them from the good one and paste into the other file. Open the file using word.

Cli111pboard-1.jpg

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Understood. Thank you. I now have my custom display settings residing on both SD Cards. But I didn’t need to the edit the cfg file using word. Instead I took the good SD Card and plugged it into the “bad” SDS200. I then “read” that card and saved it under the profile name already resident. Then I re-installed the bad card and overwrote the card. Once I finished with that I saved the profile in Sentinel and rebooted the scanner successfully. I then re-installed the good card back into its scanner. Both now work as expected.

Thanks again. I now have both running my custom display (along with my SDS100). All 3 scanners are running identical SD Cards. Now all that’s left to do is “Avoid” those certain agencies on the scanners depending upon my needs as one is a base, the other is a mobile and the third is the portable.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Luckily, my color screen customization settings remained in-place after I upgraded to FW .03, however like several others here I am experiencing loss of data/audio issues. I’ll watch the display as I’m also listening to my Unication G5 pager and hear the audio on the G5 for a second while seeing my SDS200 screen display capture the P25 data link and show a radio ID but the signal bar doesn’t move for 1-2 seconds and then the audio passes thru. This FW update somehow has actually degraded Digital decoding performance for me, rather than improved as the release notes say. This is a Phase-1 system FYI. I’m noticing audio loss which has to be the FW issue because my G5 is working perfectly passing audio several seconds before my SDS200, and in the several years having an SDS200 I’ve never had that issue til now.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
In a strange turn of events, I unplugged the USB cord from the scanner and it went into firmware update mode. Upon rebooting I checked the menu and it's on 1.23.03 now. I don't know how, because Sentinel never said it was downloading or updating...