iSCAN Post-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesa53

In the store or online?

Online. No store in Indiana or metro Chicago has one in stock that I can see. Having it shipped to the local RS to save shipping though, but not the tax.

Last edited:

jamesa53

Thanks DaveIN, at least I know the specs. I kind of like looking through the manuals before I buy, wish they would get that up! I have a feeling if someone was to order, even theough its says in-stock, it would be back ordered. Hopefully I am wrong. Mike

I ordered one about 3 hours ago online and order status indicates at this time it has been located and is in stock.

Haley

Jamesa53, thats pretty cool. Hopefully you will recieve it soon-----I do like the way it looks. Mike

Haley

I have been looking through the manual. Maybe I missed it, but is the 107 programmable by hand? Or must a computer be used? If anyone knows point me in the right direction, and I apologize in advance if I missed that somewhere. Thanks, Mike

DonS

I have been looking through the manual. Maybe I missed it, but is the 107 programmable by hand? Or must a computer be used?

If you're asking if you can program a new conventional channel, a new trunked system, or a new talkgroup by entering a "program mode" (i.e. the way you'd press the PGM key on a PSR-500, PRO-97, etc.), the answer is no.

On the scanner, there are two ways to create new objects:
1. Import from RR DB library on the SD Card
2. Store a conventional channel while stopped in a search mode

Using a PC with the included software, you can:
1. Import from RR DB library on the SD Card
2. Manually enter any data (systems, sites, talkgroups, channels)

69stiles

The manual calls it the US RR database. I'm in Canada & want to program systems from Ontario. Will I be able to do that? I currently get all my system info from RR

DonS

The manual calls it the US RR database. I'm in Canada & want to program systems from Ontario. Will I be able to do that? I currently get all my system info from RR

At present, you'd have to enter the data manually within the included PC software.

I imagine that if GRE and/or RadioShack decide to sell the device in Canada, they would certainly include the "Canada RR database".

69stiles

I was hoping to have one sent up here but maybe I should hold off until I hear from others when they get their hands on it. Thanks

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Don, will there be a method to import conventional or trunked systems from the regular RR database if you are a registered subscriber using the software?

Haley

Thank you Don, that answered my questions! Any chance of a digital model coming out in the near future? Mike

SCPD

QRT
Thank you Don, that answered my questions! Any chance of a digital model coming out in the near future? Mike

I think there is a Digital version coming. A local Radio Shack had this scanner a few months ago for Demo by managers. The demo model was digital. (at least in search mode) I'd put my cards on watching the Shacks website on November 27th. but not before. (That's Black Friday)

Not too shabby the 107 is. Looking at the manual on the FCC site, it says it does both Wide & Narrow EDACS. This is a first for a Analog Trunk Tracker that doesn't have Uniden or GRE stamped on it. The 2GB SD card says it will hold 10 million objects? Interesting. I wonder how the Audio is on it.

Last edited:

WD4CFC

Dropped into a store in NC yesterday looking for something else and saw them putting one out on display. Did not have time to play with it. Nice looking scanner !!

SCPD

QRT
Shack does a poor job of showing their newer radio's off. Has anyone seen what the Display looks like? Is it like the Pro-106 display or something newer?

I still can't believe they have no documentation on the shacks website yet.

yeah Rdale, Its nice to see shack sell a radio with their name on it, which is capable of EDACS wide and narrow and is analog. I've been wanting to see them do this since the 2052a. Granted all the Digital scanners they have sold have had that capability. In Texas however, Most trunked systems are slowly migrating to digital. Not sure what its like in Lansing. Could call my brother I guess and ask, (he's in E. Lansing)

Don, the wiki says Win500 will work with this, Will I have to update my Win500 software or is the version I have compatible? Also, does this radio need a new programming cable?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Don, the wiki says Win500 will work with this, Will I have to update my Win500 software or is the version I have compatible? Also, does this radio need a new programming cable?

Hi Max, Win500 is for the GRE PSR500/600 and RadioShack PRO-106/PRO-197 series of radios, I've added a note that it is for reference only. Sorry for the confusion. As for the cable, the FCC TA preliminary manual tells of an included 5VUSB supply that will also charge the batteries in the radio. There are also pictures of it in the FCC TA PDF docs.

I've also added an entry for iScan software under the Object Oriented Scanner Software http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Object_Oriented_Scanner_Software#Software_Availability

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Dropped into a store in NC yesterday looking for something else and saw them putting one out on display. Did not have time to play with it. Nice looking scanner !!

Welcome to Radioreference WD4CFC. No go back and take some pictures and come back and post them. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.