Official Starrsoft WIN500 Software Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonS

kb8tfe said:
I find that if I select multiple conv entries, I can edit the backlight setting and it is made for all selected entries. However, when I try to do the same on a list of tgrp objects for a trunked system, it doesn't make the backlight setting for all selected (sometimes none are made, and sometimes only the first one). I want to have the backlight some on for activity on all tgrp objects so having this addressed would save me a LOT of individual editing time...
See any version 0.19 or later.

DonS

Russell said:
I'm downloading from the site, but it still reports as 0.18.
You must have some kind of cache between you and the server. I just downloaded it, and it's version 0.20.

DonS

Version 0.21 2007.10.29 17:20 (GMT -0700)
  • "Error Beeps", no checkbox toggling, no "file changed" setting if you try to click a checkbox in the "All Objects" tab that isn't valid for the object type. For example, PRI for TSYS objects or ATT for TGRP objects.
  • Fixed Object ID available/not-available when editing them in grids.
  • Implemented "Justify Alpha Tags" function in all grids
  • Implemented "Reassign Object IDs" function in all grids

jpryor

DonS said:

Thanks, I like the function and flexibility that this feature adds, much easier than manually updating the ID for each object. Also I see that you've added a digit that allows up to 99999. This is indeed handy for moving objects out of the way of the normal ranges.

For the sake of testing, I tried uploading to the scanner with an invalid ID (over 01851) and Win500 offered to fix it for me. I let it, but it did not change the visible IDs on the screen and the scanner either locks during the upload, or finishes and then there are no objects present. So as long as everbody knows not to leave any IDs larger than the 01851 value, it should be ok. But the Win500 fix attempt does not seem to automatically solve the issues as indicated in this invalid ID situation. So it looks that some type of adjustment is needed there. What ever you do though, please keep the extra digit as that flexibility is helpful when moving things around.

Last edited:

jpryor

Oh, and adding the Scan List Map to the "All Objects" tab (and the ability to edit) could be handy as well for making global object configuration adjustments. It may need to be like the check boxes that you had on CONV and TGRP tabs, unless you add another area to the right of that tab for editing. Once I enter all my frequencies, systems and talkgroups (and you implement the sorting feature), I can probably see spending most of my time in the All Objects tab moving things around and updating scan lists and such.

DonS

jpryor said:
Thanks, I like the function and flexibility that this feature adds, much easier than manually updating the ID for each object. Also I see that you've added a digit that allows up to 99999. This is indeed handy for moving objects out of the way of the normal ranges.
Yes, Win500 will allow Object IDs up to 99,999. And yes, this does mean you can save P500 files with 100,000 objects. Of course, you can never upload such files to the radio - the feature is intended for creating big files from which you can copy/paste into smaller files.

For the sake of testing, I tried uploading to the scanner with an invalid ID (over 01851) and Win500 offered to fix it for me. I let it, but it did not change the visible IDs on the screen and the scanner either locks during the upload, or finishes and then there are no objects present. So as long as everbody knows now to leave any IDs larger than the 01851 value, it should be ok. But the Win500 fix attempt does not seem to automatically solve the issues as indicated in this invalid ID situation. So it looks that some type of adjustment is needed there.
Fixed. 0.22 will be up shortly.
What ever you do though, please keep the extra digit as that flexibility is helpful when moving things around.
Oh, yes. That's going to stick around forever.

DonS

jpryor said:
For the sake of testing, I tried uploading to the scanner with an invalid ID (over 01851) and Win500 offered to fix it for me. I let it, but it did not change the visible IDs on the screen
It left the displayed IDs alone because it only changed the data that was uploaded to the radio. Your P500 file wasn't modified. When uploading to the radio or exporting a BIN file, Win500 is working with a "temporary" copy of the P500 file. It's that data that's modified prior to upload/export, not the permanent P500 file that you see in Win500.

If you really want to know what was changed, you can download from the scanner and compare the two files within Win500.

DonS

jpryor said:
Oh, and adding the Scan List Map to the "All Objects" tab (and the ability to edit) could be handy as well for making global object configuration adjustments. It may need to be like the check boxes that you had on CONV and TGRP tabs, unless you add another area to the right of that tab for editing. Once I enter all my frequencies, systems and talkgroups (and you implement the sorting feature), I can probably see spending most of my time in the All Objects tab moving things around and updating scan lists and such.
I think that would be somewhat counter-intuitive, since none of the controls you see in the CONV and TSYS tabs are common to all objects. If you were to select a bunch of dissimilar objects in the "All Objects" tab, those controls would start showing odd values.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Russell said:
Version 0.18; On the TSYS Objects tab; the talkgroups display properly under Windows XP but do not show up under Windows Vista. Is anybody else seeing this?

For some reason all of the columns were resized all the way to left. It works great on the Vista box, now.

DonS said:

I love this feature. It allows me to control the order of the object list order and thus the step order when using the up/down buttons on the scanner. It makes it stepping through channel lists much easier. As in "Goto to Ch 5". I can just step through the channels in some logical order.

Thanks,
Russell

Last edited:

bacon

Time Until Excel Copy-Paste

Hi Don,

I am curious and anxious. Are you willing to share your estimate on how long it will be before you add Excel (other spreadsheet, etc.) copy and paste functionality to Win500? If you are holding off on that functionality until Win500 is for sale I understand. I only ask because I already have my soon to be purchased PSR-500’s setup already done on an Excel spreadsheet but I have way too many objects (close to max 1800 objects in at least 6 V-Folders) to add and reedit without spreadsheet copy and paste ability. The Win96 import doesn't work for me because Win96 truncated 16 character alpha tags to 12. If I used the Win96 import I would still have edit a bunch of tags again.

I'm actually holding off on my PSR-500 purchase until the Excel copy-paste functionality is ready. I'm comfortable with how the radio works (from reading the manual several times and RR forums) and I just want to get those objects from my spread sheet into the radio as fast as possible when I get it.

Thanks, from a soon to be 4 time customer of StarrSoft.

Are we there yet? :)

DonS

troymail said:
Now that you given us the ability to renumber the objectIDs, we *really* need the ability to move things up or down in a list and/or the sorting.....(-;

Version 0.23 2007.10.30 00:10 (GMT -0700)
  • Implemented "Sort Objects" function in all grids
  • Bug fix in reassigning TGRP object IDs (previous values weren't "freed")

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
I have a few objects (talkgroups) that are not assigned to any system. I deleted the system and it is still showing those TGIDs in the all objects field and will not let me delete them. Just hoping there might be a fix you can implement for this. Keep up the great work Don!

DonS

Stick0413 said:
I have a few objects (talkgroups) that are not assigned to any system. I deleted the system and it is still showing those TGIDs in the all objects field and will not let me delete them. Just hoping there might be a fix you can implement for this. Keep up the great work Don!
I'll be implementing 'Delete' in the All Objects tab shortly. In the meantime, you can check the "Show unassigned" box in the TSYS Objects tab (at the top-right of the TGRP grid) - that should show you all TGRP objects that are not assigned to any TSYS. You can delete them there.

TES

Version 0.25 2007.10.30 15:35 (GMT -0700)

• Implemented "Delete Items" feature in the All Objects tab
  • Fixed moving TGRPs to the "unassigned" TSYS when deleting a TSYS
  • Fixed / sped up sorting
  • Implemented RadioReference.com Web Import for trunking systems

Thanks Don!

jpryor

Importing 1,300 trunking talkgroups (and alpha tags) with the click of a mouse . . . priceless.

The only thing I have noticed is that when importing the "display" field, the dashes "-" are not imported. Many of the talkgroups have dashes present for the system I'm importing and I would ideally like to preserve that formating. I'm not sure if this is how it behaved in Win96/97 web imports or not.

Last edited:

trido

Premium Subscriber
Impoering from RR

Don I just imported a Edcas system from RR. It did import all talk groups except no id numbers were imported? All stay 00-000

Unless I missed something.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.