Pasco to fully encrypt public safety radios on new P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
What's interesting is that some of these posts are considered bullying yet Pasco SO hasn't removed them. If your post was on any other topic, they would have taken care of them.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I doubt they will change their mind no matter what we do or say, st lucie county moved its system to encyption earlier this year even after many people complained to the higher ups and it failed. Its sucks it comes to this.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
as i stated there, half of them have probably never stepped foot in a comm center let alone worked in Public Safety, its just a troll fest

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
i think they hope people will give up, and most people will, but the key is to keep hammering away at them, become pests (legally) make it known they are being scrutinized, and vet candidates for office who are more open, that's all you can do, and for gods sake if you are going to be a thorn on their side make sure you are squeaky clean and they have no skeletons to find.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
If those people actually work in public safety, then they are very poor representatives of the public safety service. :(

Exactly, mostly because generally only a PIO would be authorized to comment on such issues publicly, I know if I was still working and said something on social media I would have been standing tall in front of the man

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

SCPD

QRT
Reality is you can look at any post on Facebook then get beyond mountains of information on them people just by them posting their name, their family, aliases, known names, properties, worth, schools, purchases, kids, you name it, some free, some information for 30 bucks which isn't much for a thief to spend if they are a career identity theft perp . Just by them having a facebook you open not only that but a digital footprint which yes it can be bought by someone wanting to buy it and review it.

What is funny is one of them people has posted publicly leaving for vacation being so excited. Hmmm, afraid of a boogie man hearing their plate yet positing true name on social media with their home, job, vacation plans out there, ya. Go figure.

A true dispatch also knows unit to unit most time is faster
along with hearing other entities by them.

Isolating self without a true key to key with fellow neighbors they'll figure out the pains later.

I've seen first hand a officer in a fight for their life while block over where two cities meet a neighboring unit sits idling hearing only his agency. By the time calls come in, dispatch hand offs, there is delays where seconds matter. only if agency A could hear agency b's call for help a block away. In this case in late 90s then officer was killed as his backup was a ways out. A backyard over at city limit 2 different agency officers sat shooting the barrel on life. If they only could hear the scan for help, and if dispatch was faster handing off, making calls, and public faster dialing in.

This example is true for not only that, but missing kids, abducted etc. People hearing.

Most respected agencies have dedicated channels for ncic, swat, sensitive dispatches.

I'm for encryption if the other agency can hear, first responders in surrounding areas. It also is easy to have channels for ncic, selective encryption. Unfortunately most is user error thus the need for strapping as I seen it.

Biggest problem is half dept leaks, information is leaked by dispatchers, officers on many events which I have also seen first hand.

Hans13

Pretty surprising how brutal and mean law enforcement workers can be

I'm truly sorry for the manner in which they carried themselves and I appreciate you at least trying to express your reasonable point of view.

... That moment someone realizes what kind of people the government is hiring these days and figures out what the mass move to encryption is actually about...

They scapegoat scanning but the some of the real reasons can be seen from the attitudes in the replies.

Hans13

PBN1979,

I would recommend that you avoid parts of Officer(dot)com. It's been that bad or worse since soon after I remember it first going online and gained popularity. I have avoided that cesspool of statism for years.

Theo

Premium Subscriber
Full Encryption Not Needed

Pasco Should reconsider Full Encryption.

Attachments

• 2016-10-emergency-agencies-radio-encryption.pdf
    254.3 KB · Views: 152

allend

Premium Subscriber
https://www.facebook.com/pascosheri...35823378552135&notif_t=feed_comment&ref=notif

Pretty surprising how brutal and mean law enforcement workers can be

I can guarantee that that this comment will just get pushed under the carpet and the Pasco Co Sheriffs will just laugh at it. There will be no responses come from that comment.

This is how departments work. They stay quiet and do not respond to media or social media requests and just keep moving forward with their plans with their radio comm upgrades.

Like I said in a HOT bed areas of Florida the decisions are already made to encrypt and that's it. It will happen and the story will be over. Look what happened in Escambia and Santa Rosa County. Pasco will follow the same suit

ngel

Streaming

Here we are trying to get them to change their mind and yet another person starts streaming them.

anyone think the fact that these people keep streaming Pasco’s system have anything to do with the encryption decision? Apparently now there is yet another person streaming SO , New Port Richey and Fire Rescue. Everytime someone finally stops streaming another one comes along.

I think SO has asked at least 3 people over the years to stop streaming according to other threads so evidently they are very aware of the problem. I don’t even know why I try to contact news or the county commissioners when these people keep doing this stuff.

I really wish radio reference would finally kill the streaming. Eventually there will br nothing to stream anyway.

Last edited:

TDR-94

Yes,the idiotology of the streamers has no bounds. Fight to stream public safety so there is nothing left to monitor and then claim it's the man taking away their constitutional freedoms.

Hans13

Yes,the idiotology of the streamers has no bounds. Fight to stream public safety so there is nothing left to monitor and then claim it's the man taking away their constitutional freedoms.

I'm pretty sure that the streamers aren't flipping the encryption switch. That's all The Man's doing. ;)

ipfd320

Banned
Hans i think what there getting at (above posts) is that thanks to online streaming matters got worse for public knowledge and public tweeting an inflamed scene assesment to make them look good

now just before the switch get flipped more people are streaming this stuff to aggravate the situation more

Hans13

Hans i think what there getting at (above posts) is that thanks to online streaming matters got worse for public knowledge and public tweeting an inflamed scene assesment to make them look good

now just before the switch get flipped more people are streaming this stuff to aggravate the situation more

I agree it aggravates the situation more.

My main position is that streaming and scanning is being used as a scapegoat for those wishing to further hide the hand of government. I believe that more than a few in positions of power know that it is just a means to an end.

TDR-94

I'm pretty sure that the streamers aren't flipping the encryption switch. That's all The Man's doing. ;)

The less excuses you give them,the harder it is for them to justify such actions. Streaming is an excuse that they can easily present as a safety issue.Not many city or county officials will decline a request based on that.

Exercise your right to open carry by jogging down the street with a 45 attached to your hip.Gives them all the excuse they need to stop you and then question your mental state and giving today's atmosphere,probably result in loosing your right to own a gun.

Last edited:

Hans13

The less excuses you give them,the harder it is for them to justify such actions. Streaming is an excuse that they can easily present as a safety issue.Not many city or county officials will decline a request based on that.

Exercise your right to open carry by jogging down the street with a 45 attached to your hip.Gives them all the excuse they need to stop you and then question your mental state and giving today's atmosphere,probably result in loosing your right to own a gun.

Funny that you would use that example...

I do OPEN carry, everyday, everywhere. Not only that but my main sidearm is a stainless steel Springfield Armory 1911, cocked and locked. On occasions more rare these days (it's a PITA to lug around), it is a long gun, such as an AK type. No, I am not questioned. I have been a staunch individual right to keep and bear arms activist. We did the groundwork. We refused to stop carrying and refused to answer questions. Now, I am not in any way molested when I am out and about everyday. Indeed, the complete opposite of what you proffered is true. People come up and ask how they can also do that or thank me for doing it. Many a peace officer have sought my counsel and some my friendship. Strangers are constantly asking for firearm and self-defense related advice. This has been in rural, suburban, and urban. Right now, I live in a literal hood; high crime. No problems experienced at all with law enforcement. Very little with hardcore criminals.

If we had used the "don't give them excuses" rationale, myself and anyone else would not be able to be visibly armed in this area. The results here and elsewhere have, for the most part, been the complete opposite of what your example was presumably supposed to support.

Edited to add:

TL;DR: I DO carry a .45 openly everywhere and everyday. Your example is not correct and generally happens where people have bowed down for fear of giving government excuses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.