TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

wscott

Has anyone had an issue where the system is sending out double messages? All of a sudden, everyone began to receive two identical messages with each page. I checked all the settings I could think to check and nothing has changed. Anyone have any ideas? I am using Gmail to send out the messages

Smoky13

got it working, we had a pager test tonight and i was watching the program when the tones came in. it pick everything up right away. was really neat to see all the data that it goes through.
i got the email notification on my tablet about a minute after the page. got it on my blackberry in about 6 min after the first page.

I also recieved two emails tonight from the program.
first one was the pager test and the second was just clicking.
i know our pages go out to the pagers and then the repeater kicks in.

ScanWV

Premium Subscriber
For those having problems with AT&T, you may try adjusting the MP3 bitrate. Try 48k and see if that helps. If not, try lower.

Andy

Unfortunately, it's still not working. I tried at 48k with no results. Then went down from there and still no texts when tones are detected. I receive emails every time, but no texts.

putterizer

Unfortunately, it's still not working. I tried at 48k with no results. Then went down from there and still no texts when tones are detected. I receive emails every time, but no texts.

Can you post the debug info??? I am curious to see if maybe ffmpeg is encoding as amr and then sending out.

DC31

Feed Provider
Has anyone had an issue where the system is sending out double messages? All of a sudden, everyone began to receive two identical messages with each page. I checked all the settings I could think to check and nothing has changed. Anyone have any ideas? I am using Gmail to send out the messages

Do you possibly have two instances of TTD running? Maybe one running in the background where you don't see it? Or on a second computer that you had set up for testing or the like?

aaknitt

Feed Provider

Are you sending the MP3 or AMR file to the AT&T phones? Only the mp3 is impacted by the bit rate setting.

Andy

wscott

Do you possibly have two instances of TTD running? Maybe one running in the background where you don't see it? Or on a second computer that you had set up for testing or the like?

Thanks. I found a second instance running in the background. Not sure how it happened, but I closed it and it works fine now

kc2kfq

Program Start problem

Howdy all,
New to the program, just downloaded it yesterday and tried to get things working, I'm hoping to get a working system to test for our dept as a backup for regular paging through radios.

I've run into a problem when trying to run the program, I've downloaded ffmpeg and followed the instructions to setup the program properly. TwoToneDetect56.exe will not run, I did a debug on it and got this:

File "<string>", line 134, in <module>
NamError: name 'inv_input_device_indices' is not defined

I'm running Windows 7 on a laptop, tried running the program as admin with no luck. Any help is appreciated!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Howdy all,
New to the program, just downloaded it yesterday and tried to get things working, I'm hoping to get a working system to test for our dept as a backup for regular paging through radios.

I've run into a problem when trying to run the program, I've downloaded ffmpeg and followed the instructions to setup the program properly. TwoToneDetect56.exe will not run, I did a debug on it and got this:

File "<string>", line 134, in <module>
NamError: name 'inv_input_device_indices' is not defined

I'm running Windows 7 on a laptop, tried running the program as admin with no luck. Any help is appreciated!

A number of people have run into that, I'm not sure if we've gotten a definite answer on how to fix it or not. I has to do with the program not being able to find the sound card on the system. Start by using the windows audio mixer to figure out what the default recording device is, and maybe set the default to whatever you want TTD to use. Then manually edit the config.cfg file and set the input_device_index and output_device_index to 0 and restart the program. If all else fails you can probably get it working with a cheap USB sound card.

Andy

Smoky13

Just ran into a problem. All of a sudden my debug screen is not working. I am not getting any info in that window. Have restarted the program and noting. Did a shutdown and restart and still not working.

Anyone ever have this?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Just ran into a problem. All of a sudden my debug screen is not working. I am not getting any info in that window. Have restarted the program and noting. Did a shutdown and restart and still not working.

Anyone ever have this?

Not sure what you mean when you say it's not working. You won't see anything on that screen until you get active audio from the scanner. If you know there is radio traffic and you're still not seeing anything, check your audio settings and the volume on the scanner.

Andy

Smoky13

Ok. Just before in the screen it would show frequencies and now it does not.
it is getting audio from the scanner as when I adjust the squelch and get it to screem the audio input level jumps to max.

One other thing two of the depts I have programmed in did pager tests and it did not pick them up. Should I adjust the B tone length on those 2

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Ok. Just before in the screen it would show frequencies and now it does not.
it is getting audio from the scanner as when I adjust the squelch and get it to screem the audio input level jumps to max.

One other thing two of the depts I have programmed in did pager tests and it did not pick them up. Should I adjust the B tone length on those 2

When you adjust the scanner squelch to get noise, you'll only see things in the debug window if it happens to pick up a valid tone frequency. On the main program screen, you should see numbers next to "Tone Frequency" as it samples the input audio. If it says "No Audio", the program isn't seeing any audio and you may have the wrong audio input selected or the Audio Squelch Level set too high.

Andy

Smoky13

Ok gotcha.
where it says tone frequency it sits almost at a constant 301.0Hz
Could this be because I only have the 3 fire stations pager tones programmed into the scanner?
i have the audio squelch slightly lower than the lowest audio input level. If I increase it higher then I get the no audio message.

Andrew

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Ok gotcha.
where it says tone frequency it sits almost at a constant 301.0Hz
Could this be because I only have the 3 fire stations pager tones programmed into the scanner?
i have the audio squelch slightly lower than the lowest audio input level. If I increase it higher then I get the no audio message.

Andrew

You want to have the audio squelch set so that you get "No Audio" when there is no radio traffic but get numbers when there is radio traffic. I'm guessing the constant 301 is just the noise from the sound card when there is no radio traffic if you have the audio squelch too low.

Andy

Smoky13

Thank you for that. I have had the squelch set too low then from the start. I have now adjusted the audio squelch higher so now it is saying no audio and occasionally bouncing to the 301Hz.
Wondering now if this is possibly why it wasnt picking up the other stations tones.
Sorry for some of the questions but this is a new thing for me and very interesting learning this stuff.

Thanks again for you help andy.

Andrew

kevine

Btonelength

I am having a problem with some tones not catching all the time. My actual tones are 3 seconds for the A tone and 1 second for the B tone with no gap in between. So I was thinking of setting the btonelength to 3.6 and the btonedebounce to 2. With this configuration after the A tone, it should wait 3.2 seconds and take 2 samples which should be 0.2 seconds into the B tone. Am I correct in assuming this? Also may be worth noting is the B tone is the same frequency for all 9 tone combinations. The A tone is the only 1 that changes. Is this abnormal? Thanks.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I am having a problem with some tones not catching all the time. My actual tones are 3 seconds for the A tone and 1 second for the B tone with no gap in between. So I was thinking of setting the btonelength to 3.6 and the btonedebounce to 2. With this configuration after the A tone, it should wait 3.2 seconds and take 2 samples which should be 0.2 seconds into the B tone. Am I correct in assuming this? Also may be worth noting is the B tone is the same frequency for all 9 tone combinations. The A tone is the only 1 that changes. Is this abnormal? Thanks.

Those settings won't work for you. After finding the A-tone, the program will check for the B-tone. Once it sees one sample of B-tone, it then does the B-town length checking.

So for a 3sec-1sec tone set, I'd try setting the B-tone length to something short, like .4, .6, .8, or 1 second, and set Btonedebounce to something small like 0,1, or 2.

Andy

iceman977th

Feed Provider
Found an odd glitch, lol. Just a few minutes ago (running 55a by the way...having too many problems with not catching tones in 56), had one fire station (call it Fire A), and the second EMS station toned out...both Quik-Call II, fire is 855.5/903.2, EMS is 617.4/553.9...usually they are dispatched EMS then Fire, but they flopped it around on accident, and it ended up catching a second station (Fire station B), which consists of 903.2/617.4...very odd, lol. Oh well.