Eversource DMR

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys:

I need a little guidance getting the Eversource DMR trunked system to work on my SDS100. First let me state the obvious, I have the DMR upgrade on my scanner.
That being said, I have downloaded it from RR database with Arc 536. So far ok.
Now, with sentinel, I made sure download and monitor were on. I assigned it QK-6.
I made sure everything is ON in select service types. Under select lists to monitor, it is turned ON. After all that, I still get NOTHING TO SCAN and I cannot figure out why. Am I missing something?
Is this trunked system considered UTILITY? Because under select service types / Utilities all I have is - - - and cannot change it.

Manny

Last edited:

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I don’t know anything about the system it I just tried to change my list to hear utility and hospitals and a few others for the heck of it and thats with and without monitoring the full database on scanner so I don’t know if it has something to do with the software that changes have to be made

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Hey Manny,
Hope all is well. This site has it covered a little better as far as the sites go. I don't use the service type or location features on my SDS100. I leave them all open. I like to choose what I want to hear myself without letting the radio handpick it for me. So I don't know what the issue might be. Maybe you don't have a site enabled?
Bob

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I don’t know how much talking goes on for this system, even on the low band they rarley talked. Because I listen to the one that covers wolcott, you probably will hear more talking when a bad storm or hurricane takes down lines and poles.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
I don’t know how much talking goes on for this system, even on the low band they rarley talked. Because I listen to the one that covers wolcott, you probably will hear more talking when a bad storm or hurricane takes down lines and poles.
Yes I had the whole state in a system scanning for 2 days during the winter storms and it was very spontaneous. I think they use cell phones or something. There was a previous discussion here:

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Yes I had the whole state in a system scanning for 2 days during the winter storms and it was very spontaneous. I think they use cell phones or something. There was a previous discussion here:
Yeah I think they use computers to, but I never heard anything interesting on the low band just chatter about opening or closing a circuit, I have never heard anything such as being dispatched to main st and south st for a pole down due to an accident or anything in that nature.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hey Manny,
Hope all is well. This site has it covered a little better as far as the sites go. I don't use the service type or location features on my SDS100. I leave them all open. I like to choose what I want to hear myself without letting the radio handpick it for me. So I don't know what the issue might be. Maybe you don't have a site enabled?
Bob
Greetings Bob!
Hope all is well with you also. The site was very helpful. Thank you very much. I got it working, I did not think about the obvious. With a regular trunked sysyem like CLMRN, you dont worry about IDs. This system IDs did not come over when I did the transfer from RR database to ARC536 which I used to import to the scanner and I did not catch that. I turned on ID search and BINGO! It began to scan looking for IDs that will be evident once I actually receive something. Now I just have to manually add the IDs.

As far as some of the comments about the system not really having much activity, I get that. I just figured that there is so much capacity in this scanner, why not? It adds a little different flavor to my scanning. LOL... I learned something in the process too. That is always a plus....

Thank you again Bob and everyone else for your suggestions.

Manny

Last edited:

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Greetings Bob!
Hope all is well with you also. The site was very helpful. Thank you very much. I got it working, I did not think about the obvious. With a regular trunked sysyem like CLMRN, you dont worry about IDs. This system does not have IDs listed and I did not catch that. I turned on ID search and BINGO! It began to scan looking for IDs that will be evident once I actually receive something.

As far as some of the comments about the system not really having much activity, I get that. I just figured that there is so much capacity in this scanner, why not? It adds a little different flavor to my scanning. LOL... I learned something in the process too. That is always a plus....

Thank you again Bob aqnd everyone else for your suggestions.

Manny
Yes I totally agree. With the newer radios, plenty of room to put everything imaginable in there! Glad I was able to help a little. I didn't think about the ID search. I set all of my systems with search initially, and if I want to change it later, I do it on the fly during scanning. I think there are some radios that won't even scan unless you add at least one talkgroup.
Enjoy, Bob

cg

Premium Subscriber
Going to need more info than you need help and you have a 996P2...
First, do you have the Uniden DMR update purchased and activated?
Which site are you trying to pick up?
What have you programmed for frequencies?
Are you using ID Search or ID Scan?

radioguy224

Premium Subscriber
Going to need more info than you need help and you have a 996P2...
First, do you have the Uniden DMR update purchased and activated?
Which site are you trying to pick up?
What have you programmed for frequencies?
Are you using ID Search or ID Scan?
i have upgraded to the dmr and i am trying to pick up the new Milford site and i have downloaded directly from the data base and i have it on ID Scan

cg

Premium Subscriber
You don't need a special antenna. The system is normally very quiet. I would guess that the majority of the traffic is over the MDTs and cellphones. If you are expecting to hear a dispatcher telling a truck to go to a wire down or asking an ETA to a location, chances are you will not. It is not uncommon for it to be silent much of the day.
If the scanner shows the Site number, you should be getting it well enough to monitor voice.