2004 Corolla Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
Let's see how well the camera on my Palm Centro works! Installed are the following;

PSR-500 monitoring everything connected to a mag mount VHF-High antenna;
PRO-96 on Suffolk TRS connected to an 800 mHz mag mount antenna;
Garmin 330 GPS;
Delphi MyFi xm2go;
iPod 80;
HT1250 connected to an Antennex UHF High Gain antenna.

I tried to get close-ups of the install. I'm utilizing seat bolt mounts from Arkon for the PSR-500 and the xm, and a close-out RS cellphone mount for the iPod (which doubles as the phone mount when the iPod is not in use). The HT1250 and PRO-96 are sitting in the front cupholders. Power is tapped from underneath the center console off an ACC hot line. There is NO noise, the power and ground lines are soldered, assuring good connections. The VHF-High antenna is a temporary fix, since my RS mag mount broke http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114003 and I have yet to replace it. I'm glad to share my install, and I hope it inspires. Here are the first 5 pix.

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Nice install!

- are those the Lido floor mounts? If so, how easy is the release to manipulate? Is the flexible arm stiff enough to not "lean into the turns?"

emscapt9816

Premium Subscriber
...are those the Lido floor mounts? If so, how easy is the release to manipulate? Is the flexible arm stiff enough to not "lean into the turns?"

These are the mounts sold on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Floor-Mount...ryZ14956QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and http://cgi.ebay.com/XM-or-Sirius-Sa...ryZ50552QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem made by Arkon. On the PSR-500, there is a release button on the side which releases the rachet grips, allowing easy removal of the scanner. I currently have it mounted upside down in order to utilize a homebrewed Motorola clip. The arms do not lean, but can be adjusted easily. The xm is mounted using the vehicle cradle which is keyed to fit onto the tab on the mount.

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
made by Arkon. On the PSR-500, there is a release button on the side which releases the rachet grips, allowing easy removal of the scanner. I currently have it mounted upside down in order to utilize a homebrewed Motorola clip.

Good to know thanks for the info.

Do you have to remove the belt clip (or in your case mount upside down) in order for the cradle to hold it securely?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Never mind I see that top pic better. It appears that Moto clip allows a little more firmness in the cradle and is the de facto belt clip after releasing.

emscapt9816

Premium Subscriber
Good to know thanks for the info.

Do you have to remove the belt clip (or in your case mount upside down) in order for the cradle to hold it securely?

Yes, and no. Up unitil 3 days ago, I had the stock belt clip on the radio. (I also had the PRO-96 on there before I bought the PSR-500) The stock clip pushes the radio forward slightly, allowing the 12 volt adapter to be inserted. It holds well. If you remove the belt clip, you'll have more surface area for the rachet grips to hold, and it will be more secure. You just won't be able to plug it in. I only changed the belt clip after reading the following thread http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112114

CanesFan95

Me Again!

That's not shabby for a cell phone camera. If we add some sharpening and saturation, they'll look even better. I can even get rid of some of the glare on the scanner for ya.

fullviewdp0.jpg

psr500td4.jpg

mkh

Thanks for posting.

I have a 2004 Corolla also and I'm trying to figure out how to mount my Yaesu 2 meter rig in it. Currently I just set it in the passenger seat until I figure things out. I also set my HT in the cup holders like you do.

emscapt9816

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for posting.

I have a 2004 Corolla also and I'm trying to figure out how to mount my Yaesu 2 meter rig in it. Currently I just set it in the passenger seat until I figure things out. I also set my HT in the cup holders like you do.

Depending on how big the mobile rig is, you can hide it in the center console under the armrest. I have also seen one mounted on the console where the rear cupholders would be. Check out this install in a 2003 Corolla. http://www.kr1st.com/mobile.htm

zuzu

Status
Not open for further replies.