Not open for further replies.

KJ6HCB

h37LhtP.jpg

farS0T6.jpg

6Cvspyg.jpg

3uWAlZJ.jpg

Last edited:

firetaz834

Sorry about the lack of updates... these CA wildfires have had me a little busy, and also pissed this thing is not built. Been having handhelds and mobiles sliding all over the floor and switches floating at the ends of wires.

Havis Shields and their dealers are about the biggest joke of a company I've ever worked with. Get one thing straight - NEVER deal with Responder Public Safety Equipment out of Missouri- they didnt place my order with Havis until after a MONTH after I placed it with them then lied to me, wouldnt return calls, etc. Im piecing Havis parts together from 4 or 5 different suppliers across the US now after a long wait of nothing.

Got the base mounting kit in today so decided to pull the seats, run the antenna cables and get the base installed. Waiting on the 30" console to arrive to mount onto the base, I have an 18" sitting here I may use temporarily for some stuff.

HOC8ERN.jpg

lHj39Hy.jpg

VVzWgPV.jpg

Sorry to hear about your issues with Havis, That is part of the reasons I went with Troy and I wasn't even dealing with a dealer, I had spoken with Havis directly and they didn't give me the answers I was comfortable with, so I went with Troy and now that I have gotten mine in, I'm very satisfied. Hope you get it completed soon. And maybe iif Havis paid attention they would realize that we are the ones that determine if there products are bought or not.

I know with the dealer I went through he was very surprised that his location was recommended to me by another user here on the fourm and not a local user. So word of mouth is a very powerful item.

wrath

Only thing I would change is put Whelen ion tracers in the front dual color flashing and a 5000 lumen white override solid.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

N8OHU

Sorry about the lack of updates... these CA wildfires have had me a little busy, and also pissed this thing is not built. Been having handhelds and mobiles sliding all over the floor and switches floating at the ends of wires.

Havis Shields and their dealers are about the biggest joke of a company I've ever worked with. Get one thing straight - NEVER deal with Responder Public Safety Equipment out of Missouri- they didnt place my order with Havis until after a MONTH after I placed it with them then lied to me, wouldnt return calls, etc. Im piecing Havis parts together from 4 or 5 different suppliers across the US now after a long wait of nothing.

Got the base mounting kit in today so decided to pull the seats, run the antenna cables and get the base installed. Waiting on the 30" console to arrive to mount onto the base, I have an 18" sitting here I may use temporarily for some stuff.

HOC8ERN.jpg

lHj39Hy.jpg

VVzWgPV.jpg
To be honest, other than Project Responder, I've never been all that impressed with that bunch, so avoiding them is fine with me.

KJ6HCB

Heres what you guys want.... radios! Hahah

Still trying to locate a C-3010 Havis 30" console, but I had an 18" laying around so I got in the vehicle specific floor mounts and baseplate:

T9HOEkE.jpg

and then got some faceplates together and loaded up a console. Still need to get more faceplates for other radios.

YXqG6tk.jpg

Had to make up some bail brackets to mount the console to baseplate. This 18" console is only 8" deep so Im having mounting depth issues with stuff. New 30" console will be 10" high and I may make some brackets to raise it up higher.

Positioning is all still temporary which is why no screws yet. Going to the 30" will probably replace the BC780XLT with a BCD536HP when I get that faceplate, need to get the correct faceplate for the arrowstick controller, add 2 more CDM1550s (or may be XTLs) An Icom ICA110 aircraft radio and 2" switchpanel for switches (may end up doing those on the dash or side of console depending on room.

4mmrPB7.jpg

HmDc28b.jpg

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Nice Set-up

Very nice set-up with the Tahoe. Are you a Firefighter, or do you just have the lights on the rig for the heck of it? All amber's I'm assuming? Very nice again.

KJ6HCB

Figured there wasnt much interest here.... hadnt been back in a bit. Have some updates I should post I guess. Still looking for a 30" Havis console if anyone has one.

The spotlight was installed on the vehicle from the factory, I replaced the halogen unit with the Whelen PAR46 2º beam made-for-Unity replacement lamp. Around $150 or so on eBay usually.

I do a variety of things but this vehicle is mainly used for media/news work.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Wow. Sad to hear. I know it was over a year ago but I don't remember hearing about it until now. May his memory serve to inspire others to serve as selflessly as he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.