2017 Pacific NW Aviation Frequency Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
WIF (Willamette Natl. Forest): Still hearing Nort Zone-Detroit RS, area on 164.9125 pl 103.5. No switch yet to 171.5250 pl 103.5 yet. I have both programmed in, and will continue to monitor.

N7DKL

Premium Subscriber
I thought I found it online, but I didn't. For some reason I can't delete this post.

Last edited:

mikeph4

Looks like Gifford Pinchot has changed some frequencies on us this year... I'll guess that nobody on the site has them yet?

silverspy

I was noticing the same thing. It doesn’t seem like they are using 172.225 anymore, are they? It also seems like the frequencies for the Rogue River-Siskiyou NF in Southwest Oregon might also have changed. Anyone have any ideas, or know if they will be releasing a 2018 Pacific Northwest Aviation Frequency Guide?

mikeph4

I was noticing the same thing. It doesn’t seem like they are using 172.225 anymore, are they? It also seems like the frequencies for the Rogue River-Siskiyou NF in Southwest Oregon might also have changed. Anyone have any ideas, or know if they will be releasing a 2018 Pacific Northwest Aviation Frequency Guide?
I've noticed a few other areas but can't fully confirm it yet. I will be checking over the next month.

As for the Gifford area. 172.225 is still the west frequency. So mainly Mt St Helens. They DID chang the input frequency and possibly tones. I can confirm the transmit is still the same on the repeater though.
As of right now, the north (171.425) and south (172.325) frequencies are either fully offline for frequency change or are on different frequencies. I scan input and output and have heard nothing. Normally this time of the year I hear at least some minimal traffic. So far nothing.

I should get the an updated list for Gifford at some point in the next 6 weeks. Unsure when exactly.

As for the aviation guide, I sure hope we get an updated list. It's great to have.

na7q

Feed Provider
Okay, so this is unconfirmed but here's what I have... I should be able to confirm this in the next couple days. I'll be on a trip out to these areas.
Output frequencies actually should still the same. Even though I haven't heard anything from them. Maybe I haven't listened enough, or it's because they don't have much for rangers on duty.

172.325 input is 164.1375
172.225 input is 166.000
171.425 is ??????

na7q

Feed Provider
Unless someone at the NICC screws up again, we won't. It's not for public dissemination. Notice how fast it disappeared when someone posted the link here last year?

It was fast, but we can only hope! I imagine most frequencies in the guide won't change, but then again, I could be wrong. Based on what I see with Gifford, they were changing based on the band plan if you will. Instead of using the upper 160mhz as the inputs, they're changing it to the lower 160mhz. I make this assumption based on other forest service frequencies around the state and northwest.

silverspy

Also, just F.Y.I, you are correct about the lower range being used for inputs. I have also noticed that, since the frequency realignment, the Forest Service is using a smaller pool of inputs in that range, and the trend seems to be to reuse inputs, based on separation of geographical areas. It seems that Region 6 seems to reuse inputs like this. For example, if an input is being used on the other side of either Oregon or Washington in a certain forest, chances are that it could also be used where you are referencing. This should make it easier to find the other input.

silverspy

So, based on this logic, I would suggest starting here when looking for the input for 171.425:

Hope this helps some.

ecps92

All part of the NTIA push
Federal VHF/UHF Channel Plans - The RadioReference Wiki

Also, just F.Y.I, you are correct about the lower range being used for inputs. I have also noticed that, since the frequency realignment, the Forest Service is using a smaller pool of inputs in that range, and the trend seems to be to reuse inputs, based on separation of geographical areas. It seems that Region 6 seems to reuse inputs like this. For example, if an input is being used on the other side of either Oregon or Washington in a certain forest, chances are that it could also be used where you are referencing. This should make it easier to find the other input.

mikeph4

I can confirm that these are in fact the new the input frequencies. Not sure of the 171.425 input yet.

Okay, so this is unconfirmed but here's what I have... I should be able to confirm this in the next couple days. I'll be on a trip out to these areas.
Output frequencies actually should still the same. Even though I haven't heard anything from them. Maybe I haven't listened enough, or it's because they don't have much for rangers on duty.

172.325 input is 164.1375
172.225 input is 166.000
171.425 is ??????

mikeph4

The input is 162.750 for the 171.425 repeaters. Lots of activity today. Sounds like summer is almost here!

Status
Not open for further replies.