2019-STARCOM21 Thread Sites/Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
TG2036 came up twice this Saturday morning for ISPERN messages on T102.....

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I only see it come up in SDRTrunk as the patch in the data fields, (with both listed), but I don't recall actually seeing it come up or hearing it on the scanners as TG 2036 Ispern. Always just on TG 9051 on the scanners. Must be a bug. Also, I rarely hear live Ispern messages for Lake County on SC21 which would be TG 33136 but I don't monitor the Lake county site much. I hear Lake county's Ispern on 155.4750 though. D15 will relay the message on North patrol.

Not on my scanner or others it appears. Went directly to the talk group as an ISPERN message was being broadcast on DC-Priority (TG 9051) and nothing was being transmitted.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Did catch a couple District-Chicago consoles on this talk group tonight. Not sure if all the consoles are patching 9051/2036. As soon as I heard an ISPERN message come up, been checking and just heard a few messages tonight. So yes...this is correct (y)

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I wonder what constitutes them using one over another, glad you heard it.....

LITH TG #34103 mobiles are in Enc mode for sure. I am watching it on SDRTrunk and it shows up as Pri4 Encrypted circuits every time. The same goes for Algonquin TG #34102, mobiles in Enc mode. Dispatch seems to be in the clear on both for now.

jboczek

Feed Provider
District 13 is currently reporting they have no radios at all, except for one portable a dispatcher was talking on. No Starcom from DuQuoin. Actually sounds more like their radios at the consoles have gone down. Still hearing Starcom traffic on the scanner. Dispatch says they're using portables.

Last edited:

frankdrebbin

I know site 358 Monroe Co. was down over the weekend since Friday night. It is back up right now. I know they have been having radio problems the last few days. I mean, come on, can they not fix this stuff properly?

Well, LITH/Huntley TG #34103 Dispatch is now in Enc too. I see/hear it. (Well I don't hear it now at all). Looks like TG #34102 Algonquin Dispatch is still in the clear. SDRTrunk shows everything in Enc mode for TG#34103 though. I noticed that I wasn't hearing it this evening. Duh.

Last edited:
Seecom is playing musical chairs with their Dispatch consoles right now. I heard TG#34103 just (Huntley Dispatch) to Huntley cars twice in the clear again this morning. But the Lith (Dispatch side) does seem to be all in ENC mode. Watching it on SDRTRunk, and hearing it, Dispatch console ID #146012 and #146014 were just Dispatching to Crystal Lake & and Algonquin & Lith/Huntley mobiles in ENC mode. Huh? Now console ID #146013 (Crystal Lake) is Dipatching for Huntley TG#34103 but its in the clear mode. I wish I was a mouse in there, geesh. Now console ID #146011 (Algonquin) was just Dispatching to Lith cars, but it was in the clear mode. Huh??? Gimmie a scorecard so I can keep track.

But it looks like Huntley Dispatch (for now) is set to the clear mode, Lith Dispatch is setup for all ENC mode. And the mobiles of both of these towns are in ENC mode. TG#34102 Algonquin's/Cary Dispatch is still in the clear, mobiles ENC.

Last edited:
Figured it out...some of this Seecom Dispatch is being used for (agency interops), and Bolo messages. Now it makes total sense. They're also running patches into the Alg & Huntley & CL fire talkgroups for PD's Bolo msgs. Now they're working it to full capabilities.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin

Found this page to be informative to determine who's dispatching who. Hometown is being dispatched by Cook County I discovered. Net-6 is very quiet these days.

According to a document found on this page, the Indian Head Park Police Department has left Southwest Central Dispatch and is now dispatched by the Cook County Sheriff's Office. Does anyone know what frequency (or talkgroup) IHPPD is dispatched on?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
According to a document found on this page, the Indian Head Park Police Department has left Southwest Central Dispatch and is now dispatched by the Cook County Sheriff's Office. Does anyone know what frequency (or talkgroup) IHPPD is dispatched on?

I'm going to guess it's an encrypted Cook County talk group. Out this way, Hometown and Merrionette Park PD's are being dispatched by Cook County, Hickory Hills will continue to dispatch Hometown Fire Dept., Hickory Hills is now the primary dispatch for the Roberts Park Fire Protection District. This makes no sense, and it's all politics I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.