396T Alpha Tagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

kreepus

Greetings fellow scanheads,

I have a quick question about how alpha tags are displayed on the 396T that I'm getting in the mail on Tuesday. Using ARC396, I create a system called Spotsylvania County (EDACS) and two groups in this system called Fire Dept and Sheriff Dept. Under each group I have the appropriate TGs with alpha tags for each department. My question is:

What is displayed when the sccaner hits on a channel? Is it the Group Name and TG alpha tag? Or is the system name part of the alpha tag as well?

Thanks in advance.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
kreepus said:
Greetings fellow scanheads,

I have a quick question about how alpha tags are displayed on the 396T that I'm getting in the mail on Tuesday. Using ARC396, I create a system called Spotsylvania County (EDACS) and two groups in this system called Fire Dept and Sheriff Dept. Under each group I have the appropriate TGs with alpha tags for each department. My question is:

What is displayed when the sccaner hits on a channel? Is it the Group Name and TG alpha tag? Or is the system name part of the alpha tag as well?

Thanks in advance.
It's a two-line text tag display.
The top line alternates between the system name & the group name.
The second line is the talkgroup, or conventional channel frequency, alpha tag. Tags can be up to 16 characters.

For your Spotsylvania system, name the groups "Sheriff", "Fire Dept" (or "County Fire" as it's listed in the database). You might also want a 'Misc' group for the Mutual Aid or Disaster Tac groups.
Now, for the Sheriff's groups, just name them as 'Patrol 1', 'Tactical 1', etc.
When displayed, youll see it as:
"Spotsylvania" (alternating with) "Sheriff" on line one of text
"Patrol 1" (or whatever talkgroup was active) would remain onscreen on text line two.
For your Fire group, that would alternate with Spotsylvania on line one if that group was being received.
This lets you maximize the information you can get onscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.