396T files to 996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
This has probably been asked, but I don't recall seeing it. Will UASD for the 996 be able to read files created by the UASD software for the 396?
I'd like to get a 996 and am willing to use it with the UASD until ARC996 is available. I don't want to have to start from scratch and create all new data files when the ones for the 396 have all of the information I need.

Does anyone know if the UASD for 996 will read 396 usd files?

Thanks,

Gary

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Gary, I did this with mine and it worked fine. The 996 software has some extra fields, but the 396 data gets you off to a flying start. I just copied the system files that I wished to use from one folder to the other, ran the software, and was in business.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Scott. So, if I understand you, I can just cut and past all my 396T files into the corresponding directory in the UASD 996 program and then just fill in the rest as needed.

Gary

Pars65

You could use the existing 396 file and then save it with a new name, that's what I did. That way the original file can still work with the 396 and I don't need to do any cut an paste.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Just copy the system files from the 396 folder to the same 996 folder. The 396 files remain intact and you have new files for the 996. Works like a champ.

garys

Premium Subscriber
That worked fine Scott. I should have thought of it sooner. All I have to do is make sure my ARC396 files are updated, upload to the scanner, read the scanner using UASD and then save and copy the files I want. I'll call the Ham Station at lunch time.

Of course, I can also ask YOU for copies of your files. <G>

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.