407.8375?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
For the past week I have monitored this freq (407.8375, digital) off and on.... this morning one of the operators identified the system as KLM498. I can't get any additional information on it.... Sounds Federal with gates and patrols, etc...including a lady who ran a stop sign and was issued a written warning for her transgression!
I don't think this is skip because the tx is so crisp.
Anyone else hear this.....

jerk

unitcharlie said:
For the past week I have monitored this freq (407.8375, digital) off and on.... this morning one of the operators identified the system as KLM498. I can't get any additional information on it.... Sounds Federal with gates and patrols, etc...including a lady who ran a stop sign and was issued a written warning for her transgression!
I don't think this is skip because the tx is so crisp.
Anyone else hear this.....

I have 407.6375 DPL 172 which is the VA louisville I believe. There police department will issue tickets for speed and running stop signs. They also talk about patrolling and sounds military at times. But police is 409.xxx
Anyway 407.6375 I don't have an ID for but I have heard in the Louisville Area, while at the VA, which sits atop a hill.

AL

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Thanx newsalan.... that sounds like what I was hearing... I couldn't get a tone read out on this freq. but will keep trying. The VA here isn't quit that active unless there is a hazmat incident going on!

Hi n0doz... I have both of the nearby military operations programmed in... one is Federal the other is State-run with Federal contractors...

anyway, thanx for the quick replies... with the wx lately it is hard to say what I am hearing sometime.... like 156.165/131.8PL wehich isn't what the db says it is. They id themselves as "Columbia" and use Central Time and sound like a police dispatch.....

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
unitcharlie
Did you figure out who this is? Last night they were clearing rooms in a building. I heard them mention IC and waiting rooms. Possibly a VA hospital?

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Hi guy... wish I could figure it out... the VA in Lexington doesn't have as many perimter units as they are talking to on the radio.... and they don't use digital tx.... I think it is part of a trunked system but can't even get it to ID....

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
Last night they were talking about clearing the ekg room and other hospital related rooms. Where do you think it is located? Seams to be North of me, just haven't had the time to narrow it down any more than that.

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
unitcharlie
you mention it possibly being part of a trunking system....
I am not sure if this is part of it but, I have picked up an unidentified federal trunking system twice in the last 8 or 9 months
The sysid is 8d19
both times the signal has been VERY weak

jerk

unitcharlie said:
Hi guy... wish I could figure it out... the VA in Lexington doesn't have as many perimter units as they are talking to on the radio.... and they don't use digital tx.... I think it is part of a trunked system but can't even get it to ID....

Any more traffic on the freq.
I know the VA in Louisville usually has about two to three "units" on during the day. I think they can get to units patrolling day and early evening.

AL

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
This one has me stumped.... it is digital, Federal and a hospital.... The VA in Lexington doesn't field the number of perimeter patrols as these folks have on the air.... still trying to listen, but I haven't found any other freq that would indicate it is a trunked system.... we'll get it soon!

cristisphoto

YEp its the Feds LOL

Its Defnillty federal Cause that is in the Federal Band allocated by the FCC...
TheMost likelyis Federal Protective services, ot MPs on/near a Base,,
WHen I was the US Navy Though I was stationed on a ship ..
we were docked at the 32nd US naval in SAn Diego..
ANyways my point is:
The base had their own Police force complete with Cruisers, jeeps etc
They had FULL jurisdiction ON and surrounding that base,....
They can issue tickets just like any Civilian PD,Sheriffs etc
Same with Federal Proective Services they can also secure ANY prison, jail etc.....
So somewhere near you is a federal building be it Prison, Mil BAse etc...
You should listen for any adresses and map them out....
ALSO You r here is a good method
Get yourself an IC-R3,
and Fox Hunt..
Jus don't et in anyones way and be Polite
You should have Noo trouble lol:cool:

Crista

jerk

unitcharlie said:
This one has me stumped.... it is digital, Federal and a hospital.... The VA in Lexington doesn't field the number of perimeter patrols as these folks have on the air.... still trying to listen, but I haven't found any other freq that would indicate it is a trunked system.... we'll get it soon!

I checked air miles, and you arre about 45 miles from Louisville. The VA sits on a hill. I can can get it at my house 60+ milesat times. I'll plug it in and do some listening. Could it be the VA in Cincy OH? I have a Monix file I'll go back and look and see if anything pops up.

Now, I travel to the VA in Lousiville and carry my scanner with me in the hospital. So I have several up close freq.s, but have not identified them. But I always make sure my ham license is in the car to avoid problems.

AL

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Moments ago (102013July2006) they identified themselves as leestown Division which means the Va Cooper (on UK's Campus) and VA Leestown (on Leestown Road, a large spread)--both in Lexington have now combined their radio system for security.... which means this is a new listing.... sorry for the mystery, but they were being very cryptic in their transmissions, etc.... until the Motor Pool Dispatcher made the slip!
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Alan:
I was thinking the VA in Cinncy, but can't find anything with their freqs listed--your MONIX file might come in handy.... These folks don't mention landmarks but have a pretty hefty patrol force and some expansive parking areas.... This morning they were talking about unlocking the Cath Lab.... so that narrows it down to Louisville or Cinncy--but I do receive it with the PRO 96 handheld using the rubber duck.... I know it isn't the Federal Medical Center in town because I have that is a trunked system I mapped last year... The Blue Grass Army Depot doesn't have a dispensary large enough to provide that level of care....

This freq and the Hopkinsville AE 10 medevac....

Last edited:

cristisphoto

I say to you....

ROG that!!
It probaly a combination of federal users within the VA system then...
IE security, Janitorial ,reception etc..
Remember to record WHATEVER you recieve...
as upon playback you can usually hear what your brain lol
may have missed due to Whatever reasons...
ANd addresses
NOTE those
I say to you once again
NOTE the Addresses....

That will place together the puzzle, most always:lol: :cool:

Crista

jerk

unitcharlie said:
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Moments ago (102013July2006) they identified themselves as leestown Division which means the Va Cooper (on UK's Campus) and VA Leestown (on Leestown Road, a large spread)--both in Lexington have now combined their radio system for security.... which means this is a new listing.... sorry for the mystery, but they were being very cryptic in their transmissions, etc.... until the Motor Pool Dispatcher made the slip!
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Cool! I did a quick check in louisville and did not recieve anything. Anyway, It looks like all VA facilities are on uhf, but analog, VA Police has their own channel, VA operations as I call it is maint, plumbers, and such, but I think there are another couple in service that I haev caught or id'ed. Good catch though :)

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Update on this- I programmed this in the other day to see if it could be cincinati and until this morning I have heard nothing. All of the sudden this morning I am receiving digital, both ENC and in the clear on this freq. I just heard one user in the clear say he would be unreachable by radio he would be in a meeting in Lexington. I'll try to listen to figure out if it could be Cincy using the same freq. or if I am just getting exceptional reception this morning from KY.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
I know it is the V.A. Lexington because of some of the landmarks they have used in conversations.... their output must be astronomical but I don't have a clue where their antenna is mounted.... I have heard them in Pulaski County and deep inside Powell County.... but it still seems they aren't trunked... the only control channels I hear belong to the Federal Medical Center..... but I am starting to hear transmissions on other freqs, no voice, just a keyed mike--like someone is testing additional freqs. And three years ago the Leestown Division was going away....

Status
Not open for further replies.