BCD436HP/BCD536HP: 436 Backlight Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 436's and they both have this issue. When I set the backlight to Keypress at 10 seconds, the setting always goes back to the Squelch setting instead of Keypress. Am I not doing something right, so it stays on Keypress? I Googled this and found nothing.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 436's and they both have this issue. When I set the backlight to Keypress at 10 seconds, the setting always goes back to the Squelch setting instead of Keypress. Am I not doing something right, so it stays on Keypress? I Googled this and found nothing.
I'm still testing, but I think I understand this better now. Squelch and Keypress are independent of each other. You don't have to choose one or the other, you can set each as to how you want it. At least that's what I think now.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I have mine (SDS100) and my 436 when I still had it set to...

Backlight on and off with squelch...
Tap the power button to turn backlight on or any key hit will turn it on... Then it will stay on till you tap the power button to turn it off...
Then goes back to squelch control...

The settings are still the same in sentenal though (The Pict shows the SDS100 settings)... But some settings will not show up in the 436 display settings like...

Dimmer
Key Backlight
Flash w/Backlight Off

Backlight.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.