BCD436HP: 436HP Arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I am now an official 436HP owner. I am in the process of learning the Sentinel software. I am finding that this dynamic memory is a bit different than object-based. I still cannot understand why there are limits to the numbers. I think it said 256 Favorites with 100 numbers or something like that. Still trying to understand this architecture. In fact, I'm almost afraid to fire that radio up. I am going to re-watch all of the great You Tube videos again & examine the files people have sent to me. Once I see how these people have programmed things, I can model their behavior. I think I might have a head start since I already know how to program large P25 statewide systems. From what I understand, I'm not bound by 32 frequencies per TSYS load. That is a good thing.

SCPD

QRT
II will tell you the zip code thingy works good if you put in 1 mile range and turn on all the relevant service types,but making your own lists makes it work ALOT better! Also I advise to set a hold time of 2 ,its starting to shape up here!Enjoy.I just wish there was a way to make the backlight stay on for 60 seconds on when and after a carrier is detected like a GRE 800.

bama9999

Premium Subscriber
Congrats Ensnared! I've been seeing your posts concerning your interest in, then purchase of, the 436. I love my 536 so far, and haven't had any of the problems others complain about, concerning the 536. Just a really great radio. I hope you'll enjoy your 436 as much as I have the 536!

joeuser

The Wretched
I love my 436 also. The simplest way to get started is use the location based scanning. I set my range for 50 because I have a great antenna & I take the unit travelling. Once ur up & running that way - you can play with & learn sentinel software. Its not to bad. The manual helps some but just using it is really what helped me. Grats on a fine rig - enjoy it!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Thanks All

The decision to move back to Uniden was a difficult one. However, when I learned of the storage system, like the PSR 800 along with the far better performance on simulcast distortion, I started saving up. My city installed a linear simulcast mechanism. It is just horrible on my PSR 500.

From what I've gathered, some people assign quick keys to the System, Department, & channel. So, what would be the outcome of using quick keys on everything. I think I understand these, but I am having trouble learning of the difference between number tags and quick keys on Sentinel.

I am also wondering if the Butel software allows listeners to make custom alert LED colors.

Yes, I can see that Uniden has certainly been listening to their customers. Not all customers are happy. Of course, this is to be expected given the demanding nature of some listeners. I think the developers hit a home run. Whistler lost this customer due to dragging feet.

So, yes, I'm thrilled to have this unit. I will be getting a GPS later. I am also considering taking the radio to a saddle shop here in town to have a custom case made. Scanner Master is out of stock.

Smiling here in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.