436hp belt clip issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneckcellphone

Premium Subscriber
Is it just me or has anyone else had this issue with the piece on the radio that hooks into the belt clip having the screw come loose. It's come loose so much that when I tried to tighten it tonight it wouldn't even screw on. So now I can't use the belt clip

kb8rvp

Well I have the new 436HP as well as the 396XT and going back to the 396T all of the forms always said it was a good idea to always turn your belt clip to the right (clockwise) when putting it on or taking it off the scanner so the screw it always being tightened not to the left (counter clockwise) or you will loosen the screw. I have always followed that rule and have never had the screw come loose for the belt clip. I hope you can find a solution. I am sure the part the screw goes into is part of the back plastics of the radio so you may need to replace the back plastic to resolve the issue. It's so new maybe Uniden will cover it under warranty.

Good Luck...

Mike

redneckcellphone

Premium Subscriber
Lol yeah I wouldn't do that to a 600 dollar scanner. Yes I'm probably going to send it in but since I've had it about a month I'm not going to trust it again and just use a radio holster

connor - wqnd300

Theo

Premium Subscriber
BCD436HP Belt Clip Issue

Uniden This is what I paid $500 for ? I have had Uniden scanners for over 35 years and never came across such a poor design for a belt clip that breaks when you tighten the screw that should of never came lose in the first place! Now What ?

Last edited:

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Yikes, I hope this doesn't lead to another Uniden recall. What a mess. I really wish these things were made here in the US. I'd have paid a little bit more for that peace of mind - FYI to Uniden.

Mine gets loose too, but I don't care, I'm keeping my scanner, loose belt clip and all. ;) I do think that a case for it would be a wise investment though so I'm going to order one next paycheck.

-AZ

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
My 396T and 396XT had to have the screw tightened every time they were put on the belt clip. My 436's clip "button" has never budged even with daily, constant use.

For those who are trotting out the same old BS about quality and "$600 scanner", I have maintained a fleet of Motorola Minitor II pagers for nearly 20 years, with some of them being dropped 3 stories, accidentally flushed in a toilet (don't ask), and run over by vehicles, with little if any damage. Even those devices still had belt clip failures, and they were made when Motorola made things to be damn near indestructible. Get used to belt clip failures - they're a fact of life.

Theo

Premium Subscriber
I consider you lucky at this point with the belt clip on your 436HP. If you look at the design of the 436HP compare it to the 396T and XT you will see that it is poorly made. I too have had port.and pagers for over 40 years I never had one break ever!

SCPD

QRT
idea

Uniden This is what I paid $500 for ? I have had Uniden scanners for over 35 years and never came across such a poor design for a belt clip that breaks when you tighten the screw that should of never came lose in the first place! Now What ?

How about a pop rivet?put washers on either side,this way it wont come loose ever again.....
Just an idea for ya...good luck with your radio.

Gcom

Uniden has replaced the plastic button on the rear of the radio with a metal one. One small problem , my screw backed out and Uniden does not stock replacement screws. I have called twice in the last year.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Uniden has replaced the plastic button on the rear of the radio with a metal one. One small problem , my screw backed out and Uniden does not stock replacement screws. I have called twice in the last year.

Were they able to tell you the specs on the screw? You could get one at the hardware store, or model hobby store if it is really small.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.