796d Programming Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccr215

I am attempting to program a MOT Type II Smartzone Site on a 796d and experiencing problems.

Here is what I have done so far…

I did a full reset on the 796d (2,9 and Manual buttons). I then installed the upgraded firmware. I am a RR member so I fired up the ARC250 software and downloaded to Bank 1 the site freqs., TGid’s, and trunk settings as the site has been rebanded. I attempted to scan but no luck. The download includes the 4 control channels but it hangs on one freq. and just does an ID Scan and does not lock on any TG.

I believe if you download the site from RR it includes the band plan settings for the reband, is this correct?

Site attempting to load - Upper Maryland Eastern Shore Consortium Trunking System, Upper Shore, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies Maryland UMESC

Everything looks right but I must be missing something.
Thanks in advance for the help.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
You did perform the firmware update to support rebanding I assume?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Ok. I have made the band plan changes but still have the same issue.

What band plan changes did you make? Also I would recommend programming ALL the frequencies (if you haven't already) and then make sure the scanner is not in CC only mode on that system. Last but not least, have you asked about this system in the Maryland forum? Someone else may have already had and solved the issue you're having with it.

-AZ

coopermj

Mike
Premium Subscriber
Send me a PM if you will.

I just bought a used 796 and am monitoring the rebanded Delaware Motorola system just fine.

I hope I can help you.

Mike Cooper
Bear, DE

Status
Not open for further replies.