9-27-19 EZ Scan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone!
Happy Friday!
There is an update to EZ Scan today.
Updates can be found on our website or through doing an update from your scanner.

Happy Scanning!

Here are the change notes:

WS1080/WS1088/WS1095/WS1098/TRX-1/TRX-2

• Added export and import of trunked system sites. This is implemented as a right click menu in the site list. Please note: Sites imported from the library will not be exported. Only sites manually created or imported via the text import.
  • Fixed an issue with using the option to center selected alpha tags would reset the delay time to 0.
  • Fixed an issue where the search delay time setting was not being saved properly.
  • Fixed a typo on the aircraft search section to read 108 - 118 MHz.
  • Fixed issues with import and export of talkgroup and radio ID objects.
  • Fixed a display issue on some delay time values on the Talkgroup and Radio ID listings.

TRX-1E/TRX-2E

• Added export and import of trunked system sites. This is implemented as a right click menu in the site list. Please note: Sites imported from the library will not be exported. Only sites manually created or imported via the text import.
  • Fixed an issue with using the option to center selected alpha tags would reset the delay time to 0.
  • Fixed an issue where the search delay time setting was not being saved properly.
  • Fixed a typo on the aircraft search section to read 108 - 118 MHz.
  • Fixed an issue where the WX button mode setting was not being saved properly.
  • Fixed the CB search function for the France bandplan to show the correct range.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Skip DMR TGID" option is missing on the e model firmware.
  • Fixed issues with import and export of talkgroup and radio ID objects.
  • Fixed a display issue on some delay time values on the Talkgroup and Radio ID listings.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Import of trunked system sites is not working properly. Alpha tags corrupted when importing via clipboard or CSV.

I tried to import the Arkansas AWIN sites and this is what I get - see attached PDF file.

Page 1 is the spreadsheet in LibreOffice Calc - (freebie knock-off MS Excel) - Column headers in row 1 copied exactly from an export from Whistler software

Page 2 is the import dialog box - everything looks good - picked up column header info from spreadsheet...

Page 3 shows corrupted Alpha Tags .......Frequencies look to be OK tho. Mode shows FM due to Type shown in MOTOROLA instead of Project25

Attachments

• AWIN P25_Sites.pdf
    342.8 KB · Views: 29

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Import of trunked system sites is not working properly. Alpha tags corrupted when importing via clipboard or CSV.

I tried to import the Arkansas AWIN sites and this is what I get - see attached PDF file.

Page 1 is the spreadsheet in LibreOffice Calc - (freebie knock-off MS Excel) - Column headers in row 1 copied exactly from an export from Whistler software

Page 2 is the import dialog box - everything looks good - picked up column header info from spreadsheet...

Page 3 shows corrupted Alpha Tags .......Frequencies look to be OK tho. Mode shows FM due to Type shown in MOTOROLA instead of Project25

I can confirm that the radio ID import no longer works. If you rely on this feature, DO NOT UPGRADE

BigC801

there is another issue, when you click on the window and it updates something it moves over the the left and resizes the program window.

very annoying

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I'm glad they finally allow export of non-DB generated data. I'd rather use a spreadsheet to set up my data like Win500 let ya do. So much easier than editing within EZ-Scan. Seems as if they add one feature and break another....leave us to beta-test the mess later.

If they'd get their act together the software would be pretty decent. It's a shame as it is now, the TRX-1 / 2 are decent radios - hampered by crappy programming software.

I wonder if their software engineers are actually scanner users / listeners.

Last edited:

MichaelBhere

Maybe you could send Whistler a note in the scannerbug email and include a copy of the files you are using?

TAbirdman

I can confirm that the radio ID import no longer works. If you rely on this feature, DO NOT UPGRADE

I had a file that imported into Radio ID ok. Mine was a .csv file. What type of file was yours that didn't work?

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
My data was in a spreadsheet that was converted to .csv & also copied to clipboard.

Neither method worked - alpha tags corrupted either way.

I use LibreOffice which is a free open-source MS Office clone. Exactly like MS with a few differences, but all in all same functionality.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Exactly like MS with a few differences, but all in all same functionality.

You'd think, but not all csv is the same. When I run into a csv problem at work where one's output doesn't quite match what someone else is expecting, I'll throw the file into Notepad ++ and look for any odd characters up front. Unicode, aasci, etc. There was one CSV dump I would do daily at work and had to remove the first few characters of the file to clean it up and make it friendly so suck into another CSV import. Got so predictable I just scripted it out. Libre might be spitting out a CSV file with a few extra characters up front.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I tried clipboard past and a text file, neither worked on the 1095 or trx software. I rolled both back and it all works fine now/

MichaelBhere

I tried clipboard past and a text file, neither worked on the 1095 or trx software. I rolled both back and it all works fine now/

I had no issues with importing my files using Excel csv, it seems you should contact Whistler and send them your file to investigate?

MichaelBhere

Be sure the data you are looking to export is data that you populated manually. If populated by RRDB, it will not export. At least that is what the message said when I tried to export data that was imported from RR..

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
You'd think, but not all csv is the same.....

The .csv was generated by EZ-Scan during the TRS site export. I originally set up the TRS via DB library import so the .csv was empty except for the column headers. I then pasted the alpha tags & frequencies into it, saved and tried to import into the software.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
I then pasted the alpha tags & frequencies into it, saved and tried to import into the software.

Ahhh gotcha - using the CSV export from EZScan as a template of sorts, then filling in the blanks. I'm wondering if a single character somewhere in that alpha/freq paste could throw something? The notepad++ app would show something that could be "invisible" in Libre or Excel, shows up as an odd unicode or ascii character. When you import the data back, like the conventional import do you get a review screen of the data being imported? And if so, scroll to the bottom and see if it made it all the way or choked on something midway through. Also, do you have any empty columns you're not populating? If so, try removing those columns.

I remember similar on the Conventional imports, it didn't like something. I'm looking at mine now and can't remember. But I have a column now I labeled "ch" that I basically use as a line number, as well as something I can sort by. The line number where the import chokes lets me refer back to the csv to see right where the error was.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.