9/396XT Print System & Group QKeys with name only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to printout just the system quickeys with a list of the group quickeys underneath that only show the system and group names with no other info like settings and frequencies etc?

I messed with Freescan but it seems to show way more than I want plus it seems to not show the group quickkey number. It also seems to organize things in its own order and not the way they are in the radio.

I have about every software package made for the XT series radios but I'd like to produce a single cheatsheet that shows the system quick keys and then the inividual group quck keys under each system showing the names only. I don't want all the frequency info.
Surely there is a way to do this with some type of readable order but I sure can't figure it out!
I tried following a previous thread on the same subject but it led me to freescan which seemed to list things with the actual QK numbers missing.

Any suggestions?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I think ID Tracker III has what you want. It's Free to use. Open the program and under FILE click on Scanner Map.

ID Tracker sorta works but only for trunked systems. It will show my system quick keys for all my analog systems but it will not grab the group keys under the analog system keys.
I have way more analog here than anything.

Oh well, thanks for the suggestion, it was worth a try.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to printout just the system quickeys with a list of the group quickeys underneath that only show the system and group names with no other info like settings and frequencies etc?

I messed with Freescan but it seems to show way more than I want plus it seems to not show the group quickkey number. It also seems to organize things in its own order and not the way they are in the radio.

I have about every software package made for the XT series radios but I'd like to produce a single cheatsheet that shows the system quick keys and then the inividual group quck keys under each system showing the names only. I don't want all the frequency info.
Surely there is a way to do this with some type of readable order but I sure can't figure it out!
I tried following a previous thread on the same subject but it led me to freescan which seemed to list things with the actual QK numbers missing.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried my ProScan. It will do exactly that. After you import the systems in to the ProScan database, click the Export button and then the HTML button. Un-check all the options exact the Quick Keys.

Here is a sample of what it will look like. www.proscan.org/ProScan1.htm

Last edited:

Gator596

Premium Subscriber

Any suggestions?

Try Freescan again. There are print options that will get you what you need. You might have to hunt a bit to change the settings!

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried my ProScan. It will do exactly that. After you import the systems in to the ProScan database, click the Export button and then the HTML button. Un-check all the options exact the Quick Keys.

Here is a sample of what it will look like. www.proscan.org/ProScan1.htm

I have tried ProScan Bob. It will print the System quick keys but it does not print the 10 group quick keys available under each system quick key.
The only way I could find to get ProScan to print the group quick key names and thier respective key number was to also print all the extra stuff including the frequencies which is what I don't want!

I'm only trying to produce this chart as a reference I can keep near the scanner so I have a fast way of knowing what is under each group quick key when I select a system quick key.
Producing the system quick keys is easy with ProScan but it is the group quick key names and key numbers under each of the assigned system quick keys that I am after!

Am I missing something?

We have a ton of analog conventional munis here and grouping them by areas of the county under a given system quick key works well as I can place several munis in a group quick key. Doing this does cause me to forget what is in each groups QK though so having a printed chart I could reference would be very handy!

Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Try Freescan again. There are print options that will get you what you need. You might have to hunt a bit to change the settings!

I did mess with Freescan again. Only this time I saved as text and html instead of printing directly. I found a result that I can work with in word.
It did take a little hunting as well!
It will just take a little bit of editing on my part to get it back in the order I'm looking for but it will sure beat the heck out of typing it all up by hand!

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Just to confirm -
Open Freescan
Click on File and then open your most recent file.
Click on the printer icon
In the center of the panel that pops up, there are three check boxes. Select ONLY the "Print Quick Key Summary" and "Print Detailed Summary". These are the two uppermost check boxes.
Then go to the right side of the panel and click "Preview" You should only see a list of Systems accros the top of the page AND a list down the page that shows the Systems and their GROUPS with numbers but NOT frequencies. Note - if you are running a lot of systems it may run to more pages than one.
While you are in the Preview pane - hit the printer icon in the upper left. It will print what you had in the preview.
I use the above procedure to create a little sheet that I hang (with tape) from the shelf that the scanner sits on.

Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Just to confirm -
Open Freescan
Click on File and then open your most recent file.
Click on the printer icon
In the center of the panel that pops up, there are three check boxes.

I did get that part working. The output was a little confusing as Freescan sorts the entries that have Group Quick keys by the groups name while I was hoping to keep them sorted by the actual group quick key number.
On some of my group quick keys, I'll have several agencies listed and I wanted to see with a glance, what all agencies were under a given group quick key.
Not a problem though as I was able to save to a file instead and the edit to the order I prefer before I print.
The result worked very well.
I'd also intended on hanging this near the radio but I can forget that unless maybe I eliminate the trunked systems and only print the analog conventional stuff as my printout was 5 pages!
Even reducing the font and placing things in columns, I could not get everything on one sheet without needing a magnifier to read it!

Anyway, I'm good and have what I was after. I just need to refine it a bit more so I can get it all on one sheet.

Thanks for the help!

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
I did get that part working. The output was a little confusing as Freescan sorts the entries that have Group Quick keys by the groups name while I was hoping to keep them sorted by the actual group quick key number.
On some of my group quick keys, I'll have several agencies listed and I wanted to see with a glance, what all agencies were under a given group quick key.
Not a problem though as I was able to save to a file instead and the edit to the order I prefer before I print.
The result worked very well.
I'd also intended on hanging this near the radio but I can forget that unless maybe I eliminate the trunked systems and only print the analog conventional stuff as my printout was 5 pages!
Even reducing the font and placing things in columns, I could not get everything on one sheet without needing a magnifier to read it!

Anyway, I'm good and have what I was after. I just need to refine it a bit more so I can get it all on one sheet.

Thanks for the help!

No problem! Glad to hear you ended up with a system that works!

Status
Not open for further replies.