Adding a talkgroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Hi guys I am new to scanners and am trying to learn. I just bought the BCD436HP and just updated/bought the DMR and I don't even know what it is.. lol.. I want to add the Burbank CA PD/FD freq's and I have no idea how..

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7095

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

you can try this. its an easy to understand guide.

Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

since you have the 436hp, the database is already included. you should just be able to select your zip code and it will receive it.

cm2785

Thanks I have already seen that and I did enter my ZIP and I have a ton of local freq's but when I go to Sentinal and check the database for my city it still shows the old FM freq's... I want to add the P25 or whatever it is.. I thought that's why I paid the $60 so I could use it but I have no idea on how to enter it and I've watched a hundred videos and sites and can't seem to find it..any help is greatly appreciated!!

kma371

QRT
Thanks I have already seen that and I did enter my ZIP and I have a ton of local freq's but when I go to Sentinal and check the database for my city it still shows the old FM freq's... I want to add the P25 or whatever it is.. I thought that's why I paid the $60 so I could use it but I have no idea on how to enter it and I've watched a hundred videos and sites and can't seem to find it..any help is greatly appreciated!!

It shows up in my Sentinel fine. Do you live in Burbank? Maybe you need to set the range larger, or be sure you have the Law Dispatch/Law Tac tag enabled. Also, make sure you have downloaded the most current database.

P25 modes were already included with your scanner. The $60 you paid was for DMR modes.

cm2785

Thank you I do live in Burbank and I have law selected but even in Sentinel I can see the old FM Burbank freqs but not the new ones I listed.

cm2785

Thanks for your help!! I just found it! Also, what good is that $60 update I bought? Can I use it for something? Thanks again!

kma371

QRT
Thanks for your help!! I just found it! Also, what good is that $60 update I bought? Can I use it for something? Thanks again!

The $60 update was for DMR modulation. If you look through the database, some frequencies use it. It's mostly used by businesses.

cm2785

I see, thanks for the info. Now that I bought it after I entered my zip will it just automatically start to scan for them? Thanks!

Fidpal

Yes just open sentinel and click the icon next to the save button, looks like a little list with a pencil (if you hover it will say "Edit Profile". Once you click that a new window pops up, click the "Service Types" Tab and then select the types of channels you want to listen in on (Police, fire, ems, etc) and then save to scanner. Next time you boot it up, hit the zip code button on the scanner, pop in your zip and now scanner will tune into all closest channels of the types you chose in the profile settings (you can change radius so it picks up more or less channels).

Status
Not open for further replies.