BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Airband Scanning Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsn0w

Hello RadioReference!

I just tried to program in an airband favorites list using Sentinel. I wrote the list to the scanner and restarted it holding down my assigned startup key. However, when it turns on, it simply gives me 2 low beeps and the screen displays SCAN MODE, while obviously not scanning the airband frequencies. I can confirm that my other 3 favorites lists with startup keys work just fine, and scan my local county sheriff/fire departments. What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you!

drsn0w

EDIT: I suppose it's important to note that I have a completely busted LCD, so if the scanner is saying something immediately upon starting I'm not able to see it. I can only "see the screen" using ARC536PRO's Virtual Control feature after it's fully started.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Beeps on startup indicates a card error. Time for a new SD card.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Also clear all startup keys. Misconfiguring them can also cause problems.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Are you still getting the beeps on startup? Or were they associated with the "Nothing To Scan" error after the scanner booted?

drsn0w

Are you still getting the beeps on startup? Or were they associated with the "Nothing To Scan" error after the scanner booted?
I believe they were associated with "Nothing to scan". I hope, it's a brand new SD card :D

Sent from my BCD436HP using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The timing of the beeps is critical. If they happen immediately on startup, you have a hardware problem, most likely a card error. If they happen after bootup, then it's a programming error like "nothing to scan" which is much easier to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.