airport frequencies question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPZ

Hi all, I have a quick question in regards to airport frequencies.. I live very close to solberg airport in Readington, NJ and I was hoping to be able to listen to air traffic control on my Radio Shack Pro97 I just purchased. Is it possible to listen to such frequencies on this hand-held scanner or are airport frequencies broadcast in digital or some other type of system that I will not be able to pick up? I would just try this on my own to solve my question, but I am at school in PA at the moment and won't be home for another month.

So, in short, will it be possible for me to pick up the air-traffic control tower or not?

Thank you

transitman

Aviation band frequencies are broadcast in AM mode. As long as your scanner is set for AM, you shouldn't have any difficulty listening to air traffic.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
SBJ (Solberg)

The one ATC freq that is TX RX is located at SBJ is 132.800. This radar sector controls the low altitude traffic about 9000 and below in in area from about Trenton along the Delaware River to RT78 and then north towards Morristown. This sector is not always full time. Sometimes it will be combined with 128.55 (TX RX located at EWR).Keep an ear on 132.8 and you will hear both sides of the conversation. Also in the area are Somerset 123.0. Central Jersey 122.7 and SBJ 122.8

Status
Not open for further replies.