Airspy with HackRF Issue- No Device Located

sirthomasripley

Premium Subscriber
am hoping someone can help me out, as this issue is driving me crazy! I got a new HackRF One Portapack, so l updated my drivers and downloaded the latest SDR# software and I put my RF One in HackRF mode and when I go and start the software it keeps saying no device is located. In the SDR# software, I have my hackRF device selected under Source, when I go to configure and manually try to select the HackRF it keeps saying my device is locked or something and keeps generating the same error which forces me to end task manually to close out the software. My HackRF works perfectly fine on SDRtrunk so I know my device is working correctly.

Anyone know what could be causing this issue?

sirthomasripley

Premium Subscriber
what operating system are you using?
I am using windows 11

Unplug it. Reboot. Try again.
When I put my HACKRF One into HackRF mode the screen turns blue and it has the frequency I was using of 863 on the monitor, I say that because in SDR# when I go to configure and then devices I select the drop down and when I try and select my HackRF it says device is locked and continues to spam that error code, which is really weird. I have to force quit the software and start over. any ideas?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
keeps saying my device is locked or something
Can you post a screenshot of the error message? The mentioned "something" may be helpful.

in SDR# when I go to configure and then devices I select the drop down and when I try and select my HackRF it says device is locked and continues to spam that error code, which is really weird. I have to force quit the software and start over. any ideas?

Usually when something shows locked or in use its a driver issue. Is the hackrf.dll present in your SDR# directory? If you unplug it and reboot, and go into Windows device manager, does it list the hackrf?

rabbit108

Can you post a screenshot of the error message? The mentioned "something" may be helpful.

Usually when something shows locked or in use its a driver issue. Is the hackrf.dll present in your SDR# directory? If you unplug it and reboot, and go into Windows device manager, does it list the hackrf?
Good idea. A screenshot of your Device Manager would be helpful.

Unitrunker2

Premium Subscriber
I go and start the software it keeps saying no device is located. In the SDR# software, I have my hackRF device selected under Source, when I go to configure and manually try to select the HackRF it keeps saying my device is locked or something and keeps generating the same error
Hello @sirthomasripley;
Please share the exact error message.
Also, make sure no other SDR software is running that try to claim ownership of the device.