Alabama Interoperable Radio System (was: Alabama First Responder Network)

medic9351301

Banned
i would suggest that the chief of the department contact the sys admin and ask them if they would work. some astros will not work.
. based on what you have said i dont think a sys admin will talk to you since your not a member of this department.

BHAMalan

Would the FirstNet network services be an option? Instead of radios, they would only have to keep up with their cellphone. It’s just a patch into their current radio system.

morganAL

Correct, we only do it for members of departments using the system and with the proper paperwork. We have programmed SCANNERS for local media outlets but have also denied programming radios to individuals for other reasons. John Q pUblic... nope, there is no valid reason to have a radio programmed on the system. Buy a scanner.

thanks morgan:
the key word is member of department.
so its very unlikely that john q public gets a radio programed .
even if you are a member of a dept chances are your will only get one talkgroup programed .
when you say bring the radio back to yall will you keep it or just remove the tg and give it back ?

Reactions: zac

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
Is it a safe bet to program the Jefferson County Simulcast site cover agency's in the north part of county? Warrior, Corner, Canecreek, Trafford, & Kimberly There is a tower in Warrior but I don't know its frequency's for AFRN, site haven't been added to the RR database yet. If there is a way for my to find out, please send me a message on how to find that info out & i would be more than happy to do the leg work if i can.

PapaG

WB4IAR
Premium Subscriber
Is it a safe bet to program the Jefferson County Simulcast site cover agency's in the north part of county? Warrior, Corner, Canecreek, Trafford, & Kimberly There is a tower in Warrior but I don't know its frequency's for AFRN, site haven't been added to the RR database yet. If there is a way for my to find out, please send me a message on how to find that info out & i would be more than happy to do the leg work if i can.
I can confirm that if you program the Jefferson County simulcast freq of 857.5375 you will hear all the above agencies.

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
I just reprogrammed my scanner for the AFRN for these and other agency's last night. i havent heard, coner, trafford, canecreek, morris or kimberly yet but maybe they havent had a call yet?

mrbama97

Most of the time, Corner is pretty quiet. The training/meeting nights are Tuesday. Cane Creek is pretty small and quiet too.

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
Also I'm hear Fultondale Fire Dispatch on TG 777, the DB shows that to be North Smithfield Fire. I don't even have 777 in my group for Fultondale. Where would it be pulling that TG from?

medic9351301

Banned
from 8 am to 8 pm jefferson county 911 patches departments together for mutual aid purposes
fultondale and north smithfield are patched together . so depending on your radio you might hear the calls on either or .
as for kimberly trafford and morris .
the pd is dispatched by warrior pd on the warrior pd talkgroup. trafford fire is on the warrior fire tg.
if you listen at 8 pm jeffco 911 does a radio test on each departments assigned talk groups.
theses ids on the data base are correct.

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
if you listen at 8 pm jeffco 911 does a radio test on each departments assigned talk groups.
Ok thanks i was wondering about that. I remember back on the JCPS system they would do a "radio check" each dept. I will listen tonight.

PapaG

WB4IAR
Premium Subscriber
On the Jefferson County AFRN Simulcast site I'm hearing Tlk Grp 1827. Anyone know what agency this might be ?

codeplug

Disabled Veteran, US Army, RIP #Hobo Shoestring
AFRN TG 40003
Sounds like Fire & Rescue Dispatch for Chilton County?
Sounds like an Analog Patch from either VHF or UHF over to 700 or 800 MHz?
Any Ideas on the Use or User of this TG or what frequency it's being patched to?

If it's Chilton Co Fire then it's being patched in from VHF. I'm guessing they are planning on moving to the AFRN at some point. Currently all LEO is on FirstNet and Fire & Rescue is on analog VHF. Sounds like they are getting set up to where they can begin transitioning over to the AFRN at some point.

KG4DRF

Just submitted these new TGID for Decatur Fire and First Responders Ambulance Service to RRDB
32165 Decatur Fire Dispatch
32166 Decatur Fire Channel 2
32173 First Responders Ambulance Service

Meant to submit sooner but Mom has been busy with Doctors and it delayed my submitting them.
Have 4 more TGIDs that I am watching out for and once I have pinned down who they belong to I will get them submitted also. Those are,