Alabama Interoperable Radio System (was: Alabama First Responder Network)

morganAL

Last I knew, the JeffCo simulcast was Phase 1 only. However, one of the system software releases a couple years ago allowed for talkgroups to be "dynamic dual mode". In other words, it could be Phase 1 on some sites and Phase II on other sites. Previously, if any radio or site was Phase 1 only, then the talkgroup would revert to Phase 1 as long as a Phase 1 only capable radio was affiliated to that talkgroup or if any of the sites were Phase 1 only.

So, it is possible that the TG could be heard on a Phase II site and a Phase 1 site at the same time.

What site are you guys using to monitor Hoover? Lately I have been experimenting with SDR-based monitoring and have been tuned into the Simulcast in Jefferson County. I am able to hear most of everything I want to hear. However, I have noticed that I do not hear all of Hoover's traffic. It's not cutting out or anything like that but sometimes I will hear dispatch or an officer responding to traffic that I did not pick up.

Also, what is the best site to use for monitoring Shelby County agencies if I am located in Jefferson County?

Trying to figure out the best game plan for monitoring both Shelby and Jefferson.

medic9351301

Banned
What site are you guys using to monitor Hoover? Lately I have been experimenting with SDR-based monitoring and have been tuned into the Simulcast in Jefferson County. I am able to hear most of everything I want to hear. However, I have noticed that I do not hear all of Hoover's traffic. It's not cutting out or anything like that but sometimes I will hear dispatch or an officer responding to traffic that I did not pick up.

Also, what is the best site to use for monitoring Shelby County agencies if I am located in Jefferson County?

Trying to figure out the best game plan for monitoring both Shelby and Jefferson.
bob , hoover pd has been doing some radio work this week .
i have always had good luck with the jeffco simulcast site. shelby co so fire north and both pelham pd and fire can be heard on the jeffco simulcast .Since shelby county is not simulcast it just depends on what you want to hear . pelham and signal mt.(vandvier) are pretty strong . last time i heard signal i think all fire channels were comming over that . my suggestion for shelby co . just experiment with each site and see which one gives you what u want . hoover does have thier own system . however i cant hear it where i am so i cant report on it .

WX4AJM

Austin
TGID 29200 is Dale county SO. Ozark PD is TGID 201 on a different system. The database is wrong. Dale county's system is strong, Ozark's
system is weak, hard to hear unless skip is running.
I have seen the OPD radios, they're Harris. Assuming DCSO is Moto but haven't seen one for sure. Also have not seen OFD/EMS radios.

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
Todays Jefferson County Simulcast discovery unknow TGID results: I will program these into my rotation to get more info.

2407 - 2 ladies talking about having cars
2463 - sounds like BoE maintenance
2633 - just 2 guys talking about nothing
3031 - unknown, not enough traffic
3101 - Red Bird radio check and talking about spraying water

Encrypted Channels:

medic9351301

Banned
2407 jeffco hwy maint
2463 birmingham boe school security
2633 interstate criminal enforcement
3031 jefferson county buildings security (courthouse)
3101 birmingham fire airport station
2505 hoover pd tac
3147 birmingham police
40101 talladega law north

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
Anyone know what TGID Jefferson County Sheriff Office helio use to communicate to other departments inside or outside of the county?

codeplug

Disabled Veteran, US Army, RIP #Hobo Shoestring
AIRS TG 40400

ALEA, Jacksonville State Trooper Post Dispatch is now being broadcasted
on the Etowah County Glencoe (Rock Springs) 700 MHz Tower Site.
They may be on the other Etowah Co. Tower Sites but I can't confirm.
Someone in that area may want to check the other Tower Sites for ALEA activity.
They are also being broadcasted on some of the Jefferson Co. Sites, some of the
Talladega Co. Sites and the Odenville (Bald Rock Mtn.) Site.
Unsure what other Tower Sites they are being broadcasted on.
Please post any other Tower Sites you hear or see TG 40400 on.
Unsure if ALEA TG 40401 is still active anywhere.

sadave

Good morning!

The MCCD (Mobile County Communications District) has a robust Harris system which is utilized by just about every agency in Mobile County so I was curious about the AIRS Page which has six sites listed in Mobile County. I can personally confirm these sites are essentially dead having driven to each one in an effort analyze any usage. There was none. Notably, even the SysID shows 00A on the AIRS page but without any knowledge as to the source of the RRDB submission, I was unable to contact the original submitter for details. And, without contacting the submitter or input from an enthusiast in the area, it is unclear if these sites exist for interoperability, expansion, or AIRS users transiting the area. If none of the above, I wonder if the data should be deprecated or left in place. I don't live close enough to actively monitor Mobile County making it difficult to offer any resolution.

Shep

Julian1

AIRS TG 40400

ALEA, Jacksonville State Trooper Post Dispatch is now being broadcasted
on the Etowah County Glencoe (Rock Springs) 700 MHz Tower Site.
They may be on the other Etowah Co. Tower Sites but I can't confirm.
Someone in that area may want to check the other Tower Sites for ALEA activity.
They are also being broadcasted on some of the Jefferson Co. Sites, some of the
Talladega Co. Sites and the Odenville (Bald Rock Mtn.) Site.
Unsure what other Tower Sites they are being broadcasted on.
Please post any other Tower Sites you hear or see TG 40400 on.
Unsure if ALEA TG 40401 is still active anywhere.
40400 B’ham District now active on patch to both, Shelby County 700 sites and JEFFCO Simulcast.
⚠️ Recently heard B’ham troopers on P25 direct. It was too clear to be a patch.

40401 Jacksonville is patching to JEFFCO Simulcast.

WX4AJM

Austin
Regarding Dothan, AL:

Additionally, Rickey Stokes has remarked that "Dothan Police changed the radio system on Saturday morning. The change was upgrading the version of radio communication software and connecting to the AIRS system."

Is there any further information on this?

zac

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard tcc lately on 800. i used to hear them fairly often on 2757 on aurora tower but hadnt in few weeks at least. any thoughts.