Alabama Interoperable Radio System (was: Alabama First Responder Network)

Jackson, the neighboring county appears to have their own system, if you are looking to listen to a interop event I would check their local system and check the MSWIN interop as 1&2 are used for Louisiana I'm sure the others can or are used on a statewide basis, if you have not already, check the Mississippi forums.

I had that one too, have you heard it any more then that one day? It is LE for sure but sounded like Chilton county area, could be a patch to the LTE system that Clanton and Maplesville uses, lets keep it on the downlow for now to make sure they keep it on that patch if that is the case.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
I had that one too, have you heard it any more then that one day? It is LE for sure but sounded like Chilton county area, could be a patch to the LTE system that Clanton and Maplesville uses, lets keep it on the downlow for now to make sure they keep it on that patch if that is the case.

FWIW, I passed through Clanton on the Interstate a couple of weeks ago. I caught traffic on Clanton PD's old VHF frequency. I don't know if they've switched back to VHF from SouthernLinc or are using VHF in addition to their SouthernLinc setup.

Very i
FWIW, I passed through Clanton on the Interstate a couple of weeks ago. I caught traffic on Clanton PD's old VHF frequency. I don't know if they've switched back to VHF from SouthernLinc or are using VHF in addition to their SouthernLinc setup.
Very interesting, they appear to be using DMR for one of the fire channels and I didn’t hear any LE traffic when I was there a couple of months ago, the TGs are similar to talladega county EMS but I would bet this is a patch to Clanton, Maplesville and whichever other LE agencies were or are on the Firstnet system, besides RPS it seems we are all here, thanks for the contribution

mike36507

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone in or around Dale County can confirm that TGID 29200 is Ozark Police? I am in Baldwin County and picking this up on a local site. The officers are calling their dispatch central and using numbers like 502 and 2615. Sounds like this is may be Dale County SO and not Ozark because I heard them say something about OPD and Daleville.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Is anyone in or around Dale County can confirm that TGID 29200 is Ozark Police? I am in Baldwin County and picking this up on a local site. The officers are calling their dispatch central and using numbers like 502 and 2615. Sounds like this is may be Dale County SO and not Ozark because I heard them say something about OPD and Daleville.
TGID 29200 is Dale county SO. Ozark PD is TGID 201 on a different system. The database is wrong. Dale county's system is strong, Ozark's
system is weak, hard to hear unless skip is running.

codeplug

Disabled Veteran, US Army, RIP #Hobo Shoestring#
AIRS - Shelby County Site Modifications
License/Call Sign: WQZW411, Shelby County, AL, Shelby County 9-1-1

Shelby County is making a major change to their two existing 800 MHz Sites
plus other Site/System Modifications.
Unsure when the changes will take place but Site Modifications have been Granted.
This is a breakdown of the Modifications as far as I can tell unless something changes.
Two New 800 MHz Sites are being added.
New 800 MHz Site in Montevallo, AL.
New 800 MHz Site in the City of Shelby, AL.
It will be 4-800 MHz Simulcast Sites, All Sites will be Simulcasting on the same frequencies.
800 MHz Simulcast Site Locations will be:
Calera, Columbiana, Montevallo & Shelby.

New Simulcast Freq.'s will be:
851.1875 / 851.7500 / 852.2375 / 852.5750 / 852.9250 / 853.2875 / 853.5000 / 853.9000
The Control Channel or Alt. Control Channel Freq.'s may change?
These Calera Site Freq.'s are being removed:
851.6625 / 852.0375 / 852.3625 / 853.550 / 853.800
It looks like they may be adding extra 800 MHz Freq.'s at two existing
700 sites to increase channel capacity?

Not sure which Shelby Co. 800 MHz Site # will change but it looks like at least
one will be changing, either Site # 419 or Site # 428.

Anyone close to these Tower Sites may want to check them for Site Activity or Site Changes.
Please Post any Frequency or Tower Site info found here or Submit an update to RR.

Last edited:

codeplug

AIRS - Blount County, AL.
New 800 MHz Tower Sites
WRQA431 - Blount County Communications District
ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WRQA431 - BLOUNT COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS DISTRICT

Site Locations:
Oneonta, AL.
Hayden, AL.

Site Frequencies: Oneonta, AL.

Site Frequencies: Hayden, AL.

Anyone close to these two Tower Sites may want to check them for Site Activity.
Please Post any Frequency or Tower Site info found here or Submit an update to RR.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Anyone know who is on Tlk Grp 44012 in Chiton County of the Calera site ?

I went though Chilton County yesterday on US-31. I heard LE units dispatched to County Road 59 and County Road 76. Units were 100 series units. I heard traffic on this talkgroup all the way from North Chilton county to Verbena.

I wonder if the SO's talkgroup has moved to 44012? I picked up no traffic on 40005.

codeplug

AIRS 00A Harris System & Sites
System ID: 00A / WACN: 673AE

Does anyone know which 00A Harris System or Sites are running in Mobile County?
Are Both Harris System's running? System ID: 00A / WACN: 673AE & System ID: 00A / WACN: 927F4
Or is the MCCD System the only one running?
There are Two 00A Harris System's listed in RR.
One is on AIRS and one is Mobile County Communications District (MCCD).
Unsure why there are two 00A Harris Systems listed at the same place but with
different freq.'s and different WACN #s.
Not sure why 00A is listed under AIRS unless it's a different system from MCCD
and tied into AIRS somehow but I can't seem to figure it out.
AIRS 00A Sites, 101, 202, 303, 404, 505 & 606 are AL State License Frequencies.
I don't know why they would be listed under 00A instead of 46B.
00A Site 101 has four 700 MHz. AL State License Freq.'s and seven 700 MHz. Freq.'s listed for MCCD.
00A Site 202 has four 700 MHz. AL State License Freq.'s and the rest of the 700 MHz. Freq.'s are either
not licensed or licensed to another agency.
00A Sites 303, 404, 505 & 606 are All AL State License Sites with four 700 MHZ. Freq.'s per Site.
Any ideas what's going with the AIRS 00A Harris System or Sites?
Is there anyone close to the AIRS 00A Harris Sites in Mobile or Washington County
that can check those Sites for Activity or see if they are on the Air or not.
Any Comments or Ideas would be appreciated.

codeplug

AIRS Atmore & Brewton Sites

AIRS Site 210, Atmore - Brewton appears to be listed incorrectly.
Can anyone close to either one of those Sites confirm if the RFSS & Site #'s are correct.
FCC Shows two different Sites below,
Atmore, Escambia County
--
Brewton, Escambia County

morganAL

None of the Harris systems are part of AIRS. Mobile County has their system and Montgomery County has theirs. Yes, both have the same system ID, but they are different and as far as a I know, not connected. There was talk of adding an ISSI gateway between Mobile and AIRS a few years back but as far as I know, it never happened due to the $$$$$$ factor.

FYI, I know of at least one federally operated Harris system with the 00A system ID. If you search the RR DB I would bet you would find more Harris systems with the same system ID. It seems Harris makes their systems unique by using different WACNs.

AIRS 00A Harris System & Sites
System ID: 00A / WACN: 673AE

Does anyone know which 00A Harris System or Sites are running in Mobile County?
Are Both Harris System's running? System ID: 00A / WACN: 673AE & System ID: 00A / WACN: 927F4
Or is the MCCD System the only one running?
There are Two 00A Harris System's listed in RR.
One is on AIRS and one is Mobile County Communications District (MCCD).
Unsure why there are two 00A Harris Systems listed at the same place but with
different freq.'s and different WACN #s.
Not sure why 00A is listed under AIRS unless it's a different system from MCCD
and tied into AIRS somehow but I can't seem to figure it out.
AIRS 00A Sites, 101, 202, 303, 404, 505 & 606 are AL State License Frequencies.
I don't know why they would be listed under 00A instead of 46B.
00A Site 101 has four 700 MHz. AL State License Freq.'s and seven 700 MHz. Freq.'s listed for MCCD.
00A Site 202 has four 700 MHz. AL State License Freq.'s and the rest of the 700 MHz. Freq.'s are either
not licensed or licensed to another agency.
00A Sites 303, 404, 505 & 606 are All AL State License Sites with four 700 MHZ. Freq.'s per Site.
Any ideas what's going with the AIRS 00A Harris System or Sites?
Is there anyone close to the AIRS 00A Harris Sites in Mobile or Washington County
that can check those Sites for Activity or see if they are on the Air or not.
Any Comments or Ideas would be appreciated.

codeplug

Shelby County 800 MHz Simulcast

Does anyone have any updates on what’s going on with the Shelby County 800 MHz. Simulcast Sites?
Any updates, please pass them along.

This is what I have so far.
Shelby County, AL
WQZW411 - Shelby County Alabama 9-1-1

Verify Tower Site Info?
46B / RFSS - 4 (4) / Site - 019 (13)
This is the current Site # in RR for Calera, AL. but there are four Simulcast Sites under the FCC License.
This should be the Shelby County Simulcast Site if they are Simulcasting?

FCC Site Locations:
Site 1 - Columbiana, AL - Shelby County
Site 2 - Calera, AL - Chilton County
Site 4 - Montevallo, AL - Shelby County
Site 5 - Shelby, AL - Shelby County

FCC Site Frequencies:
Shelby County Simulcast: Four 800 MHz Simulcast Sites
851.1875c - Control Channel (c)?
000.0000? - Control Channel Alt (a)?
851.1875c? / 851.7500 / 852.2375 / 852.5750 / 852.9250 / 853.2875 / 853.5000 / 853.9000

Anyone close to any of these Shelby County 800 MHz Simulcast Tower Sites may want to check them for activity.
Unsure if they will be Phase I/1 or Phase II/2 but they all appear to have both P1 & P2 Emissions.
Please Post any Tower Site info found here or Submit an update to RR.

Last edited:

codeplug

AIRS TG's. Blue Audio Feed Links.

Does anyone know what's happened to the audio from the Jefferson County Fire or Rescue Unit's
on the Blue Audio Feed Links that you can click on when looking at the AIRS TGs.
The Links are there but when you click on the Links to listen to the audio it's only broadcasting
Fire Alarm Dispatch Traffic for almost all of the Jefferson County FD's.
Example of Trussville FD Dispatch TG 1555, Blue Audio Link.
Fire Dispatch/Jefferson County - Trussville Group Calls Live (broadcastify.com)
Any Ideas what happened to the Fire or Rescue Unit's Traffic?
Are they Now Encrypted or are they only broadcasting the Fire Alarm Dispatch Traffic?
Has anyone else noticed the missing Fire or Rescue Unit's Traffic?

Last edited:

SmithRJ

There was talk of adding an ISSI gateway between Mobile and AIRS a few years back but as far as I know, it never happened due to the $$$$$$ factor.
There is an ISSI between MCCD and AIRS through the Tuscaloosa system. It's primarily set up for the ALMACALL / ALMATAC TGs though.

There was another ISSI between the Montgomery Harris and Birmingham Motorola systems but there were "audio issues" and the link was completely deactivated. I haven't heard of if/when they're planning to try again.