TRX-1: Alphabetical sorting of EZ Scan "ALPHA TAG" Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobytwo

Not sure if this is a bug in the program, but it is worth a note. When all upper case letters are used in the "ALPHA TAG" column it takes priority over lowercase letters when sorted.
It will be sorted like these EXAMPLES:
AZLE
Aaron

Another example:

Zoo
akron

Which in not technically not alphabetical. I hope I explained this without to much confusion.

twobytwo

In my limited knowledge of computers, am I able to change to non case sensitive sorting?

twobytwo

I do not believe you can other than to use consistent values (all upper or all lower case).
Thanks troymail. Learned something today.Guess I'll have to make adjustments so I won't program things twice.

Ubbe

Send that in as a request, or even as a bug. If characters in sorting routine are higher than 60 in hex then substract 20 in hex and continue sort. It is very easy to change, just a few lines, and should have been there from the beginning.

/Ubbe

troymail

Silent Key
Send that in as a request, or even as a bug. If characters in sorting routine are higher than 60 in hex then substract 20 in hex and continue sort. It is very easy to change, just a few lines, and should have been there from the beginning.

/Ubbe

It's not a bug - it's just the way the opted to implement the sort -- it's a standard sort. Nothing special.

But I agree - you can always submit a request for a change/option -- you never know. It will come down to how "easy" any request really is, how many other customers are asking for it, and what else is on the list deemed higher priority/more important.

Lots of things are (or seem) easy but may not seem important to most.... I myself have plenty of desires/requests for changes but this isn't on my personal list.

troymail

Silent Key
Uniden handles sorting correctly, by setting "system" next to "System" and not moving it after Z.

/Ubbe

That's not "correct" in terms of a typical sort .. it's just the way they decided to do it.

They're both an option -- neither is really right or wrong - just different. One is "case sensitive" (the standard sort) and the other is "case insensitive"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.