• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

American Dream Complex

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
This may be premature since it hasn't opened yet, but does anyone have any information as to the radio system, details, freqs, they will be using at this facility?

EncryptedTech

Last I heard they where still discussing if it would be patrolled by State Pd or East Rutherford. But i haven't talked to anyone there in almost a year.

Tank67

Last I heard they where still discussing if it would be patrolled by State Pd or East Rutherford. But i haven't talked to anyone there in almost a year.
Definitely going to be State Police, just look at what they got at MetLife every game.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
I'm extremely curious about this new facility too....... they were either hiring or attempting to hire a significant amount of in-house security personnel. All the positions are still posted on indeed.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
They will have a small in house security force similar to the type of department at the Mall of America. So, those security freqs would be active along with all the other support departments. I would assume a relatively large radio system.

ansky

Definitely going to be State Police, just look at what they got at MetLife every game.
I wouldn't make that assumption. MetLife and American Dream are very different. MetLife stadium is only open about once a week to host events that last only a few hours at a time. So for them it's easy to contract with the state police. American Dream will be open 7 days a week for 12+ hours at a time, so their security requirements will be much greater. I assume they will have their own security force and work in conjunction with state and local PDs for arrests. Even much smaller malls like Newport Mall in Jersey City have their own security force.

NJEMT12982

I am curious as to the radio operations as well. I see there Bloomington location operates on a trunking system and from what I read in the database, they appear to be running full encryption. I'm just guessing but being that the mall itself is situated in East Rutherford that they will be the primary police agency for police service. Then again it's within the Meadowlands area so I wouldn't rule out any kind of NJSP presence in the area. I know factually that in Short Hills Mall, Millburn PD maintains a police presence in the mall, but I have seen NJSP in the area for mutual aide. This American Dream mall is said to be much larger then that so I would think a larger police presence may be needed. From the searching I've done, they look like there using Kenwood radios in their Bloomington location but again here in Jersey it could go different. I tried doing a FCC database search and came up empty.

jaymatt1978

You and me both Tom, so glad I moved out of t he area!! I go uyp a few times a year and besides seeing family and friends I woould rather not go back to northen NJ
Merci. My goodness, glad it is there and not here. Traffic, people, football, yuck... too much for me. <grin>

ansky

Click on the Frequencies tab on that page and click on one of the frequencies to see the Emission Designator.

It’s showing... Emission Designator: 7K60FXE
So it’s most likely be DMR... Capacity Plus,Tier III,etc...
Thanks. I guess that will give me a reason to do the DMR upgrade on my SDS200.