And thus rebanding begins in KS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0lqt

I noticed this weekend that McPherson County TRS had gone quiet. Since the weather was WAY TOO NICE, I was not allowed to "play" indoors this weekend. (my wife had far too many "HoneyDo's" in mind involving woodpiles, garage floors, and garden sheds with leaky roofs....)

Now I notice the database shows the system has moved from 866-868 down to 851-853. Plugged in the new frequencies and lo and behold there they are again....

Now, the question begs, is this the beginnings of "rebanding" in Kansas? EDACS systems are easy to reband on almost all scanners. Just enter the new LCNs and away you go. Motorola seems like it is going to be more of a bear (or Bison if you want to keep to the Sunflower State theme...) Has anyone heard anything about some of the other systems to be rebanded? (looking fearfullly over my shoulder towards Wichita and KCICS) Both of these systems will eventually be rebanded down it appears.

I've been reading the threads on the other forums about rebanding in other areas and the various workarounds needed for some of scanners. My main scanners right now are the Pro-96 for portable and Pro-2096 at home. Both of these are supposedly rebanding capable. My older scanners are just out of luck I guess. Has any one here heard any more on timetables?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
KSICS is P25 so simply plug in the new frequencies. Wayne has found workable tables for the 20(96) scanners on 800 Motorola systems in this thread.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
BTW, Kansas has an For Interim Waivers – waivers for those licensees or entities that have not yet negotiated and executed FRAs – the Extension Date Requested is the date by which the filer will have completed planning, as well as negotiation and execution of their FRA and will have submitted a Standard Waiver request.

Date can be found on this list.

Click List All Waivers then Licensee/Entity Name on top line. There is a blue button on right edge of the State line which opens a PDF for the details. I don't see McPherson on the list, so thanks for the heads up, be scanning that area in a couple of months.

Edit: Sedgwick County has the same waiver date as the State.

Last edited:

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
Rebanding in KS is still in it's infancy. I wouldn't expect to see any wrenches getting turned for a few months.

rick521

McPherson RR database

I was at the radio maintenance shop for the McPherson yesterday and had them check the RR Database. He advised it was correct except was missing the Lindsborg site. Submitted the Lindsborg site frequencies today.

Happy scanning.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Douglas County Rebanding

I noticed that all the Douglas County 800 Conventional towers (which are used to link rural areas with the Lawrence TRS) have all bumped down 15 MHZ sometime in the past few weeks. They have these conventional bridge sites at Baldwin, Kanawaka and Lecompton.

rankin39

KAA951 said:
I noticed that all the Douglas County 800 Conventional towers (which are used to link rural areas with the Lawrence TRS) have all bumped down 15 MHZ sometime in the past few weeks. They have these conventional bridge sites at Baldwin, Kanawaka and Lecompton.

Why bless my soul, so they have! I didn't even miss them. :)

Bob, w0nxn

Status
Not open for further replies.