Anne Arundel County New CAD System

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasadenamd

There has been alot of talking on talkgroups "Disaster General" and "Radio Techs." Police have been getting their computers programmed the past couple of days. There appears to be some big changes with the new system. It sounds like they are people at the Back-Up Dispatch Center in Glen Burnie also.

Fire is switching tonight at 11:00 PM.
I am not sure when police is switching. It seems soon though.

Grondoline

The new Tiburon/CAD system goes online at 11 PM. Should be interesting listening when midnight shift comes on. All the MDT's needed to be re-programmed, and booking officers re-trained. The southern district is expanding into parts of western. No more Charlie sector.

pasadenamd

The new Tiburon/CAD system goes online at 11 PM. Should be interesting listening when midnight shift comes on. All the MDT's needed to be re-programmed, and booking officers re-trained. The southern district is expanding into parts of western. No more Charlie sector.

Any other district changes?

It sound's like the callsigns are also changing for everyone (3B1, 2C1, etc)?

Last edited:

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Patrol changes

Matt-

Just heard one unit try to use his new callsign, and was told to stay with the old callsign until they sort things out. Wouldn't want to be the dispatcher tonight...

Also heard through our Community Security folks that the Eastern District border will now stop at the Stoney Creek Bridge. Curtis Bay, Orchard Beach, and other communities on the Ft. Smallwood corridor will now be handled by the Northern.

pasadenamd

Matt-

Just heard one unit try to use his new callsign, and was told to stay with the old callsign until they sort things out. Wouldn't want to be the dispatcher tonight...

Also heard through our Community Security folks that the Eastern District border will now stop at the Stoney Creek Bridge. Curtis Bay, Orchard Beach, and other communities on the Ft. Smallwood corridor will now be handled by the Northern.

Thanks for the information, I did not know that.

A lot of that area was not designed right. Solley Rd near Mountain Rd was Eastern then it went to Northern till Energy Parkway then it goes back to Eastern.

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
In addition to the new map books (map coordinates), the fire SMEs (status message encoder) usage has changed ("status 1 in quarters" is no longer correct). I've noticed some odd unit numbering (Engine 18 was dispatched and responded as "Engine 185" but Engine 311 is still Engine 311). I think 18 is running a reserve so I wonder if there has been a return to designation of "reserve" units being used in the radio designations....(in the old days a last digit of "4" meant a reserve piece but that caused issues with keeping the portable radios for the units tied to the units) Time will tell.

FFEMTCURRENCE

Premium Subscriber
Matt-

oh great....and i have a job interview there this friday for that position...how old was the old cad that they had

pasadenamd

In Eastern they took away the Charley and David Sector. All cars are now Adam and Bravo (3A1, 3A9, 3B1, 3B9, etc.)

Fireboat 61 is now Fireboat 19

It also appears Fire now has a "staging SME"

Last edited:

neilromesburg

Premium Subscriber
New Map Books

Are the new map books that replaced the ADC book available to the public, and if so who makes them and sells them. I heard one fire call where the unit said they did not have the new books and ask the dispatcher for the ADC coordinates. The dispatcher replied that they only had the new book coordinates and had to give directions to the unit.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Are the new map books that replaced the ADC book available to the public, and if so who makes them and sells them. I heard one fire call where the unit said they did not have the new books and ask the dispatcher for the ADC coordinates. The dispatcher replied that they only had the new book coordinates and had to give directions to the unit.

That's a shame. I had gotten so good with the ADC coordinates that I could almost predict the block where the call was just by listening without the map in front of me. These new coordinates are...different.

At 20:46 they just transmitted every tone in the system on 154.01 then proceeded to tell the stations to monitor their portables since they couldn't send tones. WTF???

pasadenamd

In addition to the new map books (map coordinates), the fire SMEs (status message encoder) usage has changed ("status 1 in quarters" is no longer correct). I've noticed some odd unit numbering (Engine 18 was dispatched and responded as "Engine 185" but Engine 311 is still Engine 311). I think 18 is running a reserve so I wonder if there has been a return to designation of "reserve" units being used in the radio designations....(in the old days a last digit of "4" meant a reserve piece but that caused issues with keeping the portable radios for the units tied to the units) Time will tell.

You are correct about adding a "5" for Reserve Engines. Engine 191 went into a Reserve Engine and now is being called "Engine 195."

That's a shame. I had gotten so good with the ADC coordinates that I could almost predict the block where the call was just by listening without the map in front of me. These new coordinates are...different.

At 20:46 they just transmitted every tone in the system on 154.01 then proceeded to tell the stations to monitor their portables since they couldn't send tones. WTF???

It seemed that the tones weren't opening the base sets. Station 27 reported the problem. It appears that it is now fixed.

apd3190

All I can say is its a mess.. Why mess with the system that worked well. Does anyone know why the changes were made?

ocguard

Premium Subscriber

If you buy a new ADC map book, they all now use the 4-digit map number. It's some sort of standardized scheme for the region. They now line up with map numbers in Thomas brand map books, too.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Anne Arundel failsoft test

At 21:45 Sunday night Anne Arundel fire just sent every station alerting tone in the system and told all units to switch to position 1 to monitor for calls, and send no SME messages during the failsoft test.

This is going to be interesting.

Update 22:02 - returned to normal operations, and just in time, too. They have a house fire across from 700 Mattawa Court off Indian Landing Rd in Millersville. I think there's an adult female burn patient to fly out on Trooper 1. Calling for a sand truck on Indian Landing Road with the freezing temperatures out there. Fire under control 22:48

Last edited:

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
$6.6M county dispatch system under fire
Police, firefighters complain new system is dangerous
By Scott Daugherty
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 11:27 am (Updated: December 14, 11:38 am)

In the week since county officials launched a new computer-aided dispatch system, police officers have gone into calls “blind” and dispatchers have lost track of ambulances and fire crews, according to the leaders of some local unions and several officers and firefighters.

Ryan said the old record management software was antiquated and would have effectively stopped working on Jan. 1 due to a Y2K-style glitch.

The new system, which will cost $300,000 a year to maintain, was turned on at 11 p.m. Dec. 6.

Under the old system, officers had access to one year’s worth of prior calls. Several officers said the new system seemed to lack most — if not all — of that information. They feared they were going into calls “blind.”

The rest of the article: $6.6M county dispatch system under fire | MDGazette.com

Grondoline

The new system is a total fuster cluck. Tuesday, some of the dispatchers sounded like they were ready to walk off the job. Some officers have given up trying to use their MDT's. Heads will roll over this.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Please tell me this is not the system that most of the state agencies are supposed to start using one of these years....or did that plan go away....?

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
It seems that stations now have to leave their base sets open from 7AM-7PM. They just said it was in a new directive.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Is this that web-based CAD system? Like Tiburon or one of the others? Sounds like it might be.

Of course, any time you change ANYTHING the Luddites who wear uniforms immediately claim that the new system is a failure, because it doesn't look or work like the old system. They can't even be bothered to give it a chance or learn how it works, it's just crap automatically. WAAAAAH!

Nothing surprising about this article.

Status
Not open for further replies.