Announcing Broadcastify Calls Developer Incentives

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Everyone,

We're announcing developer incentives for the Broadcastify Calls Platform. Broadcastify Calls is a high capacity service that ingests radio system calls from supported applications.

Features includes
  • 30 day retention
  • duplicate call handling
  • Live Call Playback
  • Playlists Playback
  • tight integration with the RadioReference database
  • call and source detailed statistics
See the current interface here: Calls System Status

If you develop your SDR based application to function as a call ingest platform for Broadcastify Calls, Broadcastify will pay you up to $2,500 for your efforts. Here are the details:
  • To qualify for incentives, developers must apply and have an approved agreement with RadioReference.com/Broadcastify. Developers can request to be part of the incentive program by contact us at support@broadcastify.com
  • When first system comes online in production on Broadcastify Calls, developer receives a $500 USD check
  • When 5 systems come online in production on Broadcastify Calls, developer receives an additional $2,000 USD check
Documentation for the API can be found here:

Chronic

looks like this could take listeners away from people who stream with a scanner. people will put up as many for profit sdr's and push the normal streamer out

Michael-SATX

Wow Nice Work !!! - I just tried out the Broadcastify Calls System: SA Bexar EDACS ProVoice TRS

So nice to listen and view all info : System Name + Alpha Tag + Talk Group ID + Source RID + Description Field + Dept Sub Category

Absolutely Fabulous !!! - This take streaming and specific archives retrieval to a whole new level ;)

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
So bit confused, you looking for app devs or hosters of apps, similar to existing streamers?

Both.

First step is getting more app developers to release SDR based software to support the project. That will naturally transition to having more people hosting call ingest devices for the Broadcastify Calls platform.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
looks like this could take listeners away from people who stream with a scanner. people will put up as many for profit sdr's and push the normal streamer out
This incentive isn't for the people hosting the streams, it's for software developers who adapt their programs (or write new ones) to work with the new Broadcastify Calls platform. This isn't about creating "for profit sdr's".

scanmanmi

A couple of issues though. The Calls is burried in the Listen pulldown menu and I think it should be highlighted somewhere on the main screen. If I click on the Listen button in the middle of the screen it takes me to a map where there is no mention of Calls. If I do manage to wander under the menu and click on Calls and click on Systems there's no explanation to click on the DEC number (although it is bold).

It doesn't make any sense to have recordings of encrypted. There are some full encrypted garbage ones like MI Genessee CO 2400 2401 that need to be purged.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
It doesn't make any sense to have recordings of encrypted. There are some full encrypted garbage ones like MI Genessee CO 2400 2401 that need to be purged.
Yes, I second this! In the StarCom21 system, Steger/South Chicago Heights PD on TG 2576 is fully encrypted...

scan18

Premium Subscriber
I suspect the reason why it is somewhat buried in the menu is because it is a work in progress.

blueonesparky

Premium Subscriber
This is means as a way to catch up to and/or compete with https://openmhz.com/, right?

It actually looks almost like it is a direct take off of Openmhz. TrunkRecorder was made by the person who operates openmhz.com... so I am hoping he is getting some money out of this arrangement. With the effor that he and the team of volunteers have put into those tools they definitely deserve to get something out of it.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
A couple of issues though. The Calls is burried in the Listen pulldown menu and I think it should be highlighted somewhere on the main screen. If I click on the Listen button in the middle of the screen it takes me to a map where there is no mention of Calls. If I do manage to wander under the menu and click on Calls and click on Systems there's no explanation to click on the DEC number (although it is bold).

It's useful for radio ID tracking . And tracking radio IDs can help in "guessing" what type of activity is going on on some ENC talkgroups.

m

scan18

Premium Subscriber
I believe Trunk Recorder does not record encrypted TG's by default. I checked my setup and the logs show "ENCRYPTED: Not Recorded:" and they are not being uploaded to Calls.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
It actually looks almost like it is a direct take off of Openmhz. TrunkRecorder was made by the person who operates openmhz.com... so I am hoping he is getting some money out of this arrangement. With the effor that he and the team of volunteers have put into those tools they definitely deserve to get something out of it.

A "direct take off" of OpenMHZ? Not even close. Our platform looks nothing even remotely like OpenMHZ... Broadcastify Calls, while providing some of the same features, is architecturally and visibly completely different beasts.

Additionally, if you look on the Trunk Recorder GitHub page, you'll notice under the sponsor's section that "blantonl" - me - is a supporter of Trunk Recorder, which means I have a recurring monthly payment of cash money that goes directly to the Trunk Recorder developer. Hopefully that answers your "hoping" question.

Status
Not open for further replies.