Announcing the BCD396XT and BC346XT Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Clone?

Rumor has it Freescan will support importing UASD files then massage them so they can work with the 396xt. I have heard that there are a few differences in the data between the 396D/996/396xt so there is a little converting that needs to done.
And I have also heard that xt support was being worked on in the UASD software but I will defer to UPMan and let him discuss that part of the deal.
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Now I wonder if there will be a Butel ARC update/upgrade or will it be a new product you have to buy. Would be nice to be able to clone the data from a 396 to a 396XT.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Now I wonder if there will be a Butel ARC update/upgrade or will it be a new product you have to buy. Would be nice to be able to clone the data from a 396 to a 396XT.

It looks like Butel has betas in process of the existing ARC396 from the ARC Yahoo group, but the ARC346 would be something new.

D

DaveNF2G

Maybe some third party could create aftermarket case "skins" for people who prefer black or other colors for their existing scanners. They do it for cellphones, iPods, etc.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
That 346XT is looking good. Many thanks to Uniden for bringing these new scanners to market. I guess my recently acquired BR330T will have a buddy soon. :)

amsatnetg

I drive all over Northern,Central California average 4,000 miles a month. If Uniden wants to send me a unit, I am setup to run with a mobile laptop, and can really help with even real time reporting. PM me if anyone is interested.

rwl48

If Uniden wants to send me a unit,

If Uniden wants to send me a unit, I'll test it to.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Since I know that because I didn't eat my vegetables when I was little I'll NEVER get to be included on a beta for the new scanners, I'm wondering if Paul might have a firmer release date? Just once I'd like to be the cool kid who gets to buy the new toy when it first comes out.

(I need the release date so I know how much money I have to hide towards the expense, and how much time I have to squirrel it away)

-AZ

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Whether or not you eat veggies - I'm sure that when he is allowed to post a release date, he'll post. He's not the type to hide info that he's allowed to release ;)

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Such slots are only reserved for meatatarians.

So.. hey wait, BECAUSE I didn't eat my veggies as a kid I should automatically qualify! Where's my beta scanner?!

;)

I was just askin' if we had a more firm release date yet. With Tempe PD switching to 700 Megs and others in my area threatening to follow suit, a scanner upgrade is in order and the 396XT sounds like a good bet for the future of scanning in my area.

Since... sniff... I didn't get in on the beta and all... sniffle...
-AZ

ETA: I also vote for an all black case on the new 396 - that looks darned snazzy.

Last edited:

wvscanner

Database Admin
(I need the release date so I know how much money I have to hide towards the expense, and how much time I have to squirrel it away)

-AZ

I'm getting there to with my tax return due to be in Friday and have a week long conference in Atlanta in the 1st week of March to end up on my birthday on the 2nd week of March. After those metting I am sure I will need a 2nd unit to play with while I listed to my old one.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
2nd vote for the 396T in full BLACK

Oh Uniden didnt you read the posts from the BCT15/996 - most users (not all) prefer the higher end scanner in full BLACK. The silver front is looking a little "low end"

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'd say Uniden did good considering the 396XT display has user selectable colors. Before all that we heard was why oh why would you use a blue backlight, or the stenciling is coming off my case, or the lettering is rubbing off my keypad, or why did you use SMA.:twisted:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
2nd vote for the 396T in full BLACK

Oh Uniden didnt you read the posts from the BCT15/996 - most users (not all) prefer the higher end scanner in full BLACK. The silver front is looking a little "low end"

Rumor has it that the silver is not as bad as it first seems and grows on you after a little while.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.